NCT classes

Bugsy

Reaction score
I'm looking to book my NCT classes - they only seem to offer the signature classes in my area which seem quite involved and expensive.

I don't mind paying if they are worth it - but after speaking to the women who runs it I didn't get a warm feeling about her. I'm just wondering if it's worth going for the signature or try and find somewhere that does the essentials?

Just wondering what others are doing?

I'm currently doing the essentials - this is my second baby and I just wanted a bit of a refresher but mainly to meet some new people.

From the experience I have is say the essentials course was more than enough - literally cover all the basics can't imagine what else you need to be honest but I'm sure someone who has done the signature course could fill you in

We did the signature with our first baby. It was really enjoyable, we had a good group & lots of funny moments! Teacher was good at making people feel at ease. There was us & 5 other couples. The content I would say isn't anything revolutionary - I knew most of it already to be honest - but my hubby didn't as he hadn't read any info & it was good bonding to practise birthing positions with him etc.
The other major plus is meeting other new mums - we had a Facebook group where we'd post at 3am saying who else is up? And made it much less lonely! I have missed that this time round! We are all still in touch & meet up regularly with our now toddlers. I would recommend it if you have the cash x

Thanks for your responses :)

I'm more interested to find some local mums etc as I work in Central London so don't have many friends close by!

I'll see if I can find any other signature classes in my area that are a better fit time wises.

We did nhs classes. Very basic and a lot of it we knew, but it reinforced that what we knew was correct and it was free :) wouldn't consider the NCT classes personally, they seem awfully expensive.

I have been recommended to do them by a friend but after finding out the price £195 I thought no way!! Also they told me if you do not want to pay you can call your local center and they do coffee mornings which are free. This way you still get to meet people near you. As for classes I'm just doing nhs antenatal classes.

I'd just say they may seem expensive but I have found them invaluable, bus classes just don't cover the same stuff - in fact in my area they only dos an active birth and breastfeeding class and covered hardly any of the stuff the nct course did.

I also regretted not going first time round as a lot of the mums I then came into contact with already knew each other as they had been to nct, so it was quite difficult breaking into a group of people

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back