Nausea and work!

mermaid

Reaction score
I have been feeling so ill from the beginning of pregnancy and I am struggling to do any work as it is lasting all day. I work on a supply basis so the work is as and when,but I can't even manage one day a week at the moment. I have to eat something every hour or so to keep the sickness under control, and I can't do this at work! I am worrying now about money.

How have you coped with this?

Oh hun, I sympathise with you. I found the first 3 months the hardest. Even the chronic backache, restless nights and swollen limbs are easy to cope with compared with the feeling of sickness. I was never actually sick, but like you, felt sick 24/7, and the only thing that stopped the feeling was to eat.

I was very lucky that I was able to eat as and when I needed to, and I told everyone I was pg straight away, so they were all sympathetic. What work do you do? Could you not have a very quiet word with the manager and explain how you are feeling? Can you not keep some sort of food in your handbag and keep popping to the loo to eat?

The good thing is, this does pass.
x

I really hope it does pass eventually! I teach in primary schools and sometimes don't get to eat for hours, due to preparation and play duty etc lol. Dreading the day I have booked tomorrow! x

flip, thats a no win one there. You really cant go for long spells at this time without eating. What about energy tablets and slow release energy foods like bananas etc.

Trust me, I always draw the short straw somehow! :D
I never thought of slow release foods laura, trouble is, I only fancy certain things. :?

ginger bisuits can be good for nausia and so can ginger tea. I had a ginger and lemon one for if i was ever really queasy at work x

What about things like cup-a-soups? My daughter's primary school teacher was pregnant, and she used to have these instead of coffee.....

true mermaid, true. Its difficult because you cant really plan but plain biscuits are good. Oh the joys, but its over before you know it and then it doesnt seem as bad.

I do sympathise, I was the same.

My top tips...

Use a really lemony shower gel to wake you up and help settle your stomach in the morning. Original Source do a good cheap one.

Keep food with you at all times! I loved snack a jacks or any buscuits.

Sleep as much as possible when you're not working. If you want to go to bed at 7.30 do it!

Remember, remember, it's (probably) not for long. Mine disappeared at 12 weeks and the rest of pregnancy has been a breeze in comparison!

HTH, Good Luck! :D

Thanks. Well I got through today (what a whimp I am!). I made sure I had lots of snacks and even though it was my play duty, someone was looking down on me, as other teachers volunteered to do it for some reason? :D Going to try the lemon shower gel. Want to try the travel bands too. Have tried putting pressure on the wrist with my fingers but it hasn't worked so far! lol

Oh mermaid.
I can sympathise but have no advice.
I am 7 weeks pregnant and have been sick as can be since the day I concieved.
I struggled though s full 9-5 full week last week but this week I have been on the sick all week and am now at my mothers, mostly eating every hour and sleeping.
I do not know what I am going to do next week.
I am also going for a promotion so I have not timed this very well at all.
I also study a part time HND and have three assigents al over due by miles.
AllI want to do is die.
I have driven my man crazy with all ny demands. the poor lamb is ragged, I am lucky to have such a doting other half but we have been together less than aa year so I worry I will drive him too mad to cope.
I dont know what to say to you to make you feel better but I can sincereley smpathise. I work in a univeristy and the job I am going for is vital if I am to look after amother little human being. If I dont get it its cutains for us, I reckon and that means I have to work super hard and cant tell a soul.
I am truly so unhappy and happy all at the same time.
Grrrrr.
I am vegan which has made it very hard as I cant stand the things I usualy eat to get protein.
So much food I loved makes me wnat to hurl.
My mother says she was ill for nine months.
Please God dont let that happen to us.
Well I have probaly made you feel worse but you are not alone!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back