Hotel work?

berit87

Reaction score
Anyone here worked or working in a hotel while pregnant? I work at reception and I have to stand up around 8 hours a day. On a good day I get a break for half an hour but when it's really busy (and that's most days) I don't even get that... I only started with them in the middle of december so am a bit worried about telling them... I will wait until the 3 months probation period is over and I am sure I can manage until then but already now my back and legs etc are killing me half way through the day :roll:

i am a hairdresser so i was on my feet all the time too with little breaks. but bending over the sinks was the worst... you could try one of those support things for your back that you wear under your clothes?? be careful with heat pads or anything as not always recommended in preg xx

Surely it's not healthy to stand up for 8 hours when you're more heavily pregnant?

You need to tell them you are PG so that they can do a risk assessment and give you a chair. You shouldn't be standing so long while PG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back