Natural ways to induce labour..

Slb24

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My first child was born via c section at 37 weeks because she was small for dates. Two failed inductions, waters broke and the drip also failed to bring on labour.

This time I would like to try a natural birth however I am nervous that things won't progress.

I completely refuse to be induced again or use the drip to bring on contractions. Both of them did nothing last time but bring on very strong painful contractions without my cervix dilating. I don't believe they work for me.

I am only 19 weeks so will not be trying any of these until they are safe to do so. And I will be discussing this with my midwife laster on.

My question is has any one tried any methods to soften your cervix or bring on labour?

I've read about evening primrose oil and raspberry leaf tea/capsules.

Any used them with success?

I've been offered sweeps from 37 weeks. But obviously your cervix has to be favourable to do this. Last time at 37 weeks it wasn't.

Any ideas? My consultant doesn't want to let me go over my due date so if my daughter doesn't arrive by then it's another c section.

Thanks.

Hey Slb24,

How are you doing??? All good I hope??

Just read your post and wanted to say im in exactly the same situation as you. I've had two emergency c-sections now and want to go VBAC with this one.

I was induced with my first and exactly like you this did nothing so ended up having c-section. With my second I tried for VBAC but again ended up c-section. I wasn't induced but my scar started to split so we had to get her out very quickly.

They have said to me this time round that they wont induce me as this will not help my scar and probably means that it will end up in a c-section again.

So im willing to try everything and anything to get this labour started as naturally as possible so I can go natural.

When have they said you need to decide??

xx

Hey Hun,
I'm fine thanks and you??

How far are you now?

How long did you try for first time round? I had my daughter 4 days after going in.

With your second how many months are between your children? Any reason why it started splitting?

Have you heard of any old wives tales or anything that works?

I have to decide by 36 weeks but I've already said I want a vbac.

Tbh it depends whether this baby grows properly or stops like her sister did. Xx

Im all good thanks hun. Glad to hear you are too.... :)

Im now 28 weeks and getting bigger by the day.

With my first I went in and less than 24 hours later they said I wasn't progressing and I had to have a c-section. I dont think I was given the right care from the start. I actually felt a bit like a number and that they just wanted you in then out...

There was only 17 months between my first and second so they said that this was probably the reason the scar split. You should wait at least 2 years before even trying for another baby after a c-section. we feel after 9 months of having my first... ha ha.

I have a feeling this baby will be a big one which is another reason that I dont think they will let me push as im only little myself.

What I would say to you is dont feel pressured into anything you dont want hun. Stand your ground with them. Unless they can give you a valid medical reason then go for what you want.

xx

24 hours? Really?
I waited days. With really strong contractions that weren't doing anything! I wish they told me after 24 hours tbh lol but out situations might have been different.

My daughter has just turned 2. I hope it doesn't happen. But it's a bit longer. I was told 12 months is long enough.

Have your other babies been big? Or is it just a a feeling because your bigger?

I think I will have another small baby.

I know I am definitely not letting anyone induce me or give me the drip again! It caused me unnecessary pain (contractions) but didn't DO anything.

I'm not too bothered. If baby is small and has to come again then I will agree to a section rather than being induced again. If baby is fine and I make it to my due date then I'm willing to try anything to get things moving lol

Any idea?..

Do you have to go to hospital the minute your waters break/contractions start/plug comes out?

I've been told I have to be monitored from the start. Just not sure when that is lol. X

Sorry to mither..

Did you know your scar was rupturing? Like was it painful? Or was it the hospital staff that told you? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back