Nappy Rash cream

Lyndsey

Reaction score
This may sound ridiculous but.......

do you use a barrier cream/ nappy rash cream from the very begining or only if baby has a sore bum??? I am hoping to breast feed, does this have an effect??

Also, which one do you think is best? my mum swears by sudocrem and says it is the best thing by far and to use all the time..... hubby's mum says Zinc and castor oil cream... someone else said don't use anything unless they get sore...... then use the bepanthen stuff.......

What do you all think?

Lyndsey

I only use cream if shes sore or been sat in a dirty nappy for a while and I've not noticed. I use zinc and castor oil cream, i think its the same as sudocrem any way. I use bepanthen cream and i swear by it but i only use it if shes really sore or the other cream will do the job.

i use kamillosan - its the best in my opinion and i can use it for my nipples too. :D

I don't use a cream unless Aaron is sore and then I just bung some sudocrem on and it goes straight away.

same here. i never use it unlessi need to.

Im going to be using Zinc and caster oil cream, used it with zack and he never once got nappy rash :dance:

I put it on when hes done a poo or ive washed him. Dont tend to replaster his bum with it if im just changing a wee filled nappy.

i plaster Jamie in sudocrem so he has a white willy, my lil sis had nappyrash when she was a bubba and it looked so bad that i have a real fear of Jamie gettin it!!!

Nothing worked for Lydia apart from Vaseline - everything else just gave her a really sore bum, including sudocreme.

So we use vaseline.

And yep, we use it at every change.

hi guys have been reading this thread with great interest and just thought i should share with you all (hope know one takes this the wrong way).

I was actually having a conversation with nikki about this earlier, with sudocream (which is actually a medicated cream) and other medicated creams they should not be used as a barrier cream and not used more than 3 days in a row so if the nappy rash is still there you need to get advice from doc or someone. However saying that most nappy rashes last longer than that so i think its a bit silly going to the doc for a slight nappy rash so i think you should be able to use them longer but they shouldnt be used on a long term bases, only really vaseline can be used all the time as a barrier cream.

Obviously if it works ok for you guys then great only you know whats best for your little ones but just thought id share a bit of info with you all as useless a it may be :rotfl: take care :hug: :hug: x x

Xena said:
Nothing worked for Lydia apart from Vaseline - everything else just gave her a really sore bum, including sudocreme.

So we use vaseline.

And yep, we use it at every change.

thats all im getting :cheer:

vaseline.. vaseline and more vaseline... i coat his little tail in it every time i change him... never had a nappy rash.

x

with previous only ever used sudocrem but only when sore not all the time

Yeah I use sudocrem only when Brody has a sore bum, it's like a miracle cream!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back