what nappy rash cream?

fothers

Reaction score
I am just trying to think of things we haven't got yet and realised I haven't bought any nappy cream.

I have no idea what to buy or when to use it- just if there is a rash or do you put a bit on every change?

Help! :)

I used sudocream on James after every nappy change and he never got nappy rash. I love the stuff.
Using some now on the skin around his mouth (not his lips) as it's got all red and sore from the cold, it's really helped to heal it

They gave us a tiny sample of Sudocream at the hospital. At the beginning I was only putting it on Maya's bum after she'd had her daily bath but now I don't use it any more (it was only tiny but there is still loads left!). She never had nappy rash or any soreness on her bum so no need to use it really.

I've got sudocrem, and 2 tubs of tesco nappy rash cream. We've hardly even used any but I expect that will change once he starts teething. A little goes a long way though so just start off with one tub cos it will last you forever.

I used sudocreme but LO has only had a touch of nappy rash twice and it cleared it up in no time. I only used it when she needed it. If you get a Bounty pack, there is usually a sample in there, and it does go a long way.

The midwife did say at antenatal that if you are using disposables, the cream can clog up the layer that soaks up the wee, so can actually create nappy rash. I've no experience of disposables, but that was her experience. I think plenty of time without the nappy on is the best way to avoid it.

Metanium rocks.

It's very strong and I wouldn't use it on a tiny baby, but Stanley has only ever got a rash occasionally since weaning.

We are going to be using cloth nappies.

I will get a little tub sudocream just in case.

thanks!

i have got 2 big tubs of sudocream and havent even dented 1 tub yet as willow never suffered from nappy rash until she started teething it was really bad recenty she had open sore on her bum and it was bleeding and it was alful but i tried metilium(sp) and it was fantastic it cleared up perfectally.

My health visitor said there's kind of an order to it:

Zinc and castor oil to prevent - fine to use all the time if you want to
Sudocrem - Treats mild nappy rash
Metanium- Fab stuff whenit's bad

Dry nappies are the best treatment! Change often and air those cheeks!

we use neals yard one on alana as its all natural as she had really senstive skin and bad excema

Minxy said:
Metanium rocks.

It's very strong and I wouldn't use it on a tiny baby, but Stanley has only ever got a rash occasionally since weaning.

I agree if you have nappy rash Metanium is the best, dont get it on your anything other than babys bum though because it stains like mad.

millies never had proper nappy rash i dont think. shes had a red bum- is that it? (i thought a rash would be red dots and its not dots its just a red area around her bumhole lol!)
i got a free sample of bepanthen and thats cleared it up great. it didnt look really angry in the first place tho.

My DH aunt is a midwife and she bought us bepanthen for Lewis's bum and he hasn't had nappy rash yet.

I use metanium on Stephens bum but i wouldnt with my baby as its strong stuff, have bepantham for Imogen but havent used it yet, but have tubs of sudocreme knocking about too.

But as se suffers from thrush too we have to have timodine knocking about too (pre scription).

I've used metanium half a dozen times since Isaac was born, he only has a redness when he's teething, but rather than use nothing, I do like metanium as it clears his soreness up quickly.

Sudocrem is ok... when it's just plain simple nappy rash... but if that doesn't work you nuke it with Metanium.

Metanium will also clear up thrush in little girls over night too... so it give you an idea of how strong it is... I still use it on DD when she gets thrush because she wipes herself the wrong way :roll: Next day she's fine... :)

My mum used it on my and we both swear by it. I have a tube of it for this baby in preparation... and plain Johnstons nappy rash cream for general bums.. but it's better to have the metanium handy for when the need arises than have a baby screaming at you cos their little bottom stings..

Be warned though.. Metanium is bright yellow and sticks like poop to a blanket if you get it on anything other than bums.. you'll also need a nail brush to get it off your hands and from under you nails :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Can you tell I've used it a few times.. :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back