nappy rash cream

titch

Reaction score
We're on quite a tight budget and Ive been looking around and im amazed how expensive some of the branded nappy rash creams are. And you dont even get a very big tube. Has anyone used own brand ones with any success? I will spend the money if branded products are best but in some of these cases value does the same job, and we cant afford to waste any money.:oooo:

I just used Sudo cream. My first son suffered terrible from nappy rash but that was mainly from using cheap wet wipes on his bum. Sudo cream cleared
it up lovely.
My 2nd son I just made sure his bum was dry before putting his nappy on and he never had it.

Im not sure which creams are the best or not to be honest, as Im a first time mum, but I use sudocrem on myself so it was my first choice for using on the baby. But my gran swears by the cream she used so she's brought me called Zinc and Castor Cream (you can get it anywhere) which is only £2 for a big pot. Im going to be trying them both, but its worth just trying a few I think :)

My Lo got awful nappy rash after a bout of dihorrea (SP) and the only thing that cleared it up was metanium, I think its on offer in boots at the mo for about £2. I'd use the cheapo zinc and castor cream on a daily basis but if any nappy rash occurs then that metanium is great. Try get your doc to prescribe it though and they get it for free!
xxx

Tesco's own brand nappy cream is very good, I found it just as good as branded stuff. X

I swear by Bepanthen - when Rosie is teething she gets the most awesome rash but this soothes it and clears it up easily :)

Im going to be using bephanthen too, i still use it on my daughter as she gets a sore bottom sometimes and it clears it straight up plus its great at healing new tattoos so it really does help heal skin :) x

I sort of have nappy rash :( its where my thighs are enormous and my bump is so big and i have awful stretch marks some of which have become quite infected and sore in recent hot times :(

Its well uncomfy but i can safely say that Waitrose Bottom Butter is the nicest stuff especially if put in the fridge mmm

For Really Bad Nappy Rash, get an egg white, whisk it up til fluffy and put on the rash with the back of a cold spoon, leave to dry and it will suck the wetness out of the sore

its really good and very cheap xx

I found the own brand supermarket ones just as good, unless she had it really bad and then I would get the good strong stuff free from the chemist (minor injuries) :)

My OH's mum has bought us three massive tubs of sudocrem and was rather shocked when I announced I'd only use it if bubs actually has a sore or red bottom! She was insisting that I use it as a barrier cream and lather it on at every nappy change as she did with her kids and when she was a child minder. She really can't understand that the advice is to use nothing if the skin is in good condition. I imagine getting my baby back after an hour with her and having to scrape an inch thick layer of cream off it's poor wee bum!!

megsmeadow said:
My OH's mum has bought us three massive tubs of sudocrem and was rather shocked when I announced I'd only use it if bubs actually has a sore or red bottom! She was insisting that I use it as a barrier cream and lather it on at every nappy change as she did with her kids and when she was a child minder. She really can't understand that the advice is to use nothing if the skin is in good condition. I imagine getting my baby back after an hour with her and having to scrape an inch thick layer of cream off it's poor wee bum!!
:rofl:

I've still got a huge tub of sudocreme left from when i had katie, I've hardly used any of it! For really bad bums I use metanium and just use the sudocreme when I really need to!

could be worse, my OH's mum gave me incontinence pants... :rofl:

We use bepanthem, AJ seems to have a reaction to every nappy cream apart from this and its fab!

:lol: Putting too much on will stop the nappy from absorbing properly too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back