Nappy bins?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by 1986princess, Dec 18, 2011.

1. 1986princess

1986princess Well-Known Member

Just wondered what u ladies thought? With having twins and twice as many nappies i wondered if worth having? Or waste of money? Thinking hygiene and bin space! How many refils last one baby a week/month so I can work out 2? Xx

2. Hunnie

Hunnie Well-Known Member

I'm still undecided on whether to get a nappy bin or not either. Been given conflicting advice :/ been told by one person that they are very helpful and been told by another person they aren't worth buying!

Not much help I'm afraid but I'm interested into the ladies advice on this one.

3. Sleepy sue

Sleepy sue Well-Known Member

I've just ordered the tommee tippee one, they have offer on for ten pound at mo on their website x x

4. Constantstar

Constantstar Well-Known Member

We have one but never used it!! X

5. knopk@

[email protected] Well-Known Member

I love mine, keeps odours away and
    our kitchen is far away so we needed a nappy bin anyway. I have angelcare one. I also bought cassettes that are compatible with the bin but
    not angelcare, much cheaper

6. Monkey

Monkey Well-Known Member

I just have a plastic waste basket that I empty once every day or two, when ever it gets full. Because I use scented nappy bags, I don't notice any smell. I will have to rethink what I use once she starts getting mobile and spends more time in her room.

7. BellaRiven

BellaRiven Well-Known Member

I wasn;t going to buy one as our flat is tiny and we could just go to the bin :)

But one of my friends gave me the Tommee Tippee one so I guess whilst baby is in disposables we will use that xx

8. knopk@

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Forgot to say - they are very handy when the baby starts
    moving - you just need one hand to push the nappy through as opposed to getting the nappy bag and tying it.

9. Mrs N

Mrs N Well-Known Member

We have the tommee tipee one, they are so cheap that we just thought that you might just as well!!
    xxxx

10. ft90

ft90 Well-Known Member

We have the angelcare one. It did say that one refill would last a month but lasts us 10 days max! We love it though, makes life so much easier. The outlay at the start is quite cheap although I do find the refills expensive.

[email protected] what compatibles do you get???

Id say definitely get one! Xx

11. misscrazycooki

misscrazycooki Well-Known Member

I got tommie tippee one, have to say the cassettes are a waste of money. They unraviel when you try and put them into another bag to bin. I must say 3 cassettes lasted me no longer than a month with one baby x that was when he was small and first born. after wards I stopped buying cassettes and put a small bin liner in bin then use nappy bags and push them throught just the same.

12. Maria1977

Maria1977 Well-Known Member

We've got the tommee tippee sangenic (sp?) and so wouldn't be without it. The refills are a bit overpriced tbh but we tried using just nappy bags and they let the stink out so bad and I can't be doing with going in and out to the bins all day and I'm so not putting them in the kitchen bin to stink the house out lol

As baby gets older though you change their bum less so it becomes a bit more less expensive, but I defo would not have been without ours xxxx

13. BevG

BevG Well-Known Member

nappy bags and washable nappies after the first month or so for me im afraid. will have a nice sealed bin til washload is ready.

14. Lulabell

Lulabell Well-Known Member

Personally, i think they are waste of money. All my friends said they wern't worth it. So I'm going for fragranced nappy sacks. We use them for picking up dog poop and it works so baby poop should be a doddle...i hope lol!xx

15. Hunnie

Hunnie Well-Known Member

I have to admit I love the smell of unused scented nappy bags lol! I think I'm just going to go down this option and just empty the bin regularly as its only outside the back door and it gives OH a job lol

16. Karate Kid

Karate Kid Well-Known Member

Hehe glad I am not the only one!! We are going to do the same, just empty the bins regularly x

17. angie84

angie84 Well-Known Member

ive got a normal bin in everyroom, and empty them quite alot. dunno how we produce so much rubbish. (i remcon my bins re jsut small) my friend had one, didnt rate them. so im not going to bother.

18. 1986princess

1986princess Well-Known Member

thanx ladies x

19. Alexandra84

Alexandra84 Well-Known Member

We've done that too. I just put them in a plastic bin in the changing area upstairs and use scented nappy bags for the downstairs bin in the living room. I am breastfeeding though so I don't find that our LO's nappies actually smell of anything particularly strong or offensive so it doesn't bother me much. Bottlefed baby poo smells much more apparently so perhaps a nappy bin makes more sense there.

20. jojo_2012

jojo_2012 Well-Known Member

I had one with my son. I think they absolutely stink, it's like having a bin just full of nappies I don't understand it, especially in the summer. Better to get some tesco value nappy sacks, throw the nappy in the normal bin, and let it get naturally covered in other rubbish.