Nappy bins?

1986princess

Reaction score
Just wondered what u ladies thought? With having twins and twice as many nappies i wondered if worth having? Or waste of money? Thinking hygiene and bin space! How many refils last one baby a week/month so I can work out 2? Xx

I'm still undecided on whether to get a nappy bin or not either. Been given conflicting advice :/ been told by one person that they are very helpful and been told by another person they aren't worth buying!

Not much help I'm afraid but I'm interested into the ladies advice on this one.

I've just ordered the tommee tippee one, they have offer on for ten pound at mo on their website x x

I love mine, keeps odours away and
our kitchen is far away so we needed a nappy bin anyway. I have angelcare one. I also bought cassettes that are compatible with the bin but
not angelcare, much cheaper

I just have a plastic waste basket that I empty once every day or two, when ever it gets full. Because I use scented nappy bags, I don't notice any smell. I will have to rethink what I use once she starts getting mobile and spends more time in her room.

I wasn;t going to buy one as our flat is tiny and we could just go to the bin :)

But one of my friends gave me the Tommee Tippee one so I guess whilst baby is in disposables we will use that xx

Forgot to say - they are very handy when the baby starts
moving - you just need one hand to push the nappy through as opposed to getting the nappy bag and tying it.

We have the tommee tipee one, they are so cheap that we just thought that you might just as well!!
xxxx

I love mine, keeps odours away and
our kitchen is far away so we needed a nappy bin anyway. I have angelcare one. I also bought cassettes that are compatible with the bin but
not angelcare, much cheaper

We have the angelcare one. It did say that one refill would last a month but lasts us 10 days max! We love it though, makes life so much easier. The outlay at the start is quite cheap although I do find the refills expensive.

Knopk@ what compatibles do you get???

Id say definitely get one! Xx

I got tommie tippee one, have to say the cassettes are a waste of money. They unraviel when you try and put them into another bag to bin. I must say 3 cassettes lasted me no longer than a month with one baby x that was when he was small and first born. after wards I stopped buying cassettes and put a small bin liner in bin then use nappy bags and push them throught just the same.

We've got the tommee tippee sangenic (sp?) and so wouldn't be without it. The refills are a bit overpriced tbh but we tried using just nappy bags and they let the stink out so bad and I can't be doing with going in and out to the bins all day and I'm so not putting them in the kitchen bin to stink the house out lol

As baby gets older though you change their bum less so it becomes a bit more less expensive, but I defo would not have been without ours xxxx

nappy bags and washable nappies after the first month or so for me im afraid. will have a nice sealed bin til washload is ready.

Personally, i think they are waste of money. All my friends said they wern't worth it. So I'm going for fragranced nappy sacks. We use them for picking up dog poop and it works so baby poop should be a doddle...i hope lol!xx

Personally, i think they are waste of money. All my friends said they wern't worth it. So I'm going for fragranced nappy sacks. We use them for picking up dog poop and it works so baby poop should be a doddle...i hope lol!xx

I have to admit I love the smell of unused scented nappy bags lol! I think I'm just going to go down this option and just empty the bin regularly as its only outside the back door and it gives OH a job lol

I have to admit I love the smell of unused scented nappy bags lol! I think I'm just going to go down this option and just empty the bin regularly as its only outside the back door and it gives OH a job lol

Hehe glad I am not the only one!! We are going to do the same, just empty the bins regularly x

ive got a normal bin in everyroom, and empty them quite alot. dunno how we produce so much rubbish. (i remcon my bins re jsut small) my friend had one, didnt rate them. so im not going to bother.

I just have a plastic waste basket that I empty once every day or two, when ever it gets full. Because I use scented nappy bags, I don't notice any smell. I will have to rethink what I use once she starts getting mobile and spends more time in her room.

We've done that too. I just put them in a plastic bin in the changing area upstairs and use scented nappy bags for the downstairs bin in the living room. I am breastfeeding though so I don't find that our LO's nappies actually smell of anything particularly strong or offensive so it doesn't bother me much. Bottlefed baby poo smells much more apparently so perhaps a nappy bin makes more sense there.

I had one with my son. I think they absolutely stink, it's like having a bin just full of nappies I don't understand it, especially in the summer. Better to get some tesco value nappy sacks, throw the nappy in the normal bin, and let it get naturally covered in other rubbish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back