Nappies on holiday

jennywren

Reaction score
Just a for warning to anyone............

we ran out of nappies, our friends who were coiming out brought us another pack but we used them all (cause he was drinking so much they were getting full every hour or so!) so I went to get some pampers and they were..............wait for it....... 13 Euro for 12 pampers!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :x :x :x With the crap exchange rate thats about £11.50 for 12 nappies!!!!! We decided to risk it with the spanish brand and they were 9 euro for 36....there were plastic on the outside :roll: and leaked wee out the sides as my dad found out :rotfl:

We went to Madrid end of 2006 and couldn't find pampers anywhere, we had to go with a Spanish brand in the end, it wasn't too bad though.

Like you I took a 64 pack of pampers with me in February. We ran out and the store had a tiny 12 pack and wanted about the same price! We bought a 24 pack of Bambino nappies which were ok they lacked the stretchy sticky tab side bits that I like but they were ok really, I would say similar to Tesco's own or something. Kept a few pampers back though for the day we were going home, the flight etc to know he was safe and dry but the Bambinos were perfectly ok for my LO considering we were changing him more frequently due to sun/more water etc.

jennywren said:
Just a for warning to anyone............

we ran out of nappies, our friends who were coiming out brought us another pack but we used them all (cause he was drinking so much they were getting full every hour or so!) so I went to get some pampers and they were..............wait for it....... 13 Euro for 12 pampers!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :x :x :x With the crap exchange rate thats about £11.50 for 12 nappies!!!!! We decided to risk it with the spanish brand and they were 9 euro for 36....there were plastic on the outside :roll: and leaked wee out the sides as my dad found out :rotfl:

Oh dear... you got robbed!!! twice... :shock: :shock:9€ for just 36 nappies thats extortion and I've yet to come across nasty plasticy ones except from Lidl...

for people travelling to Spain... Go to a place called Carrefour... and buy their generic brand, nice cotton like covers, velcro tabs, soft elastic, super absorbant... 112 nappies for 14.95€... I use them with lil miss... and they only ever leak poo juice after a mighty explosive poop...

Another place is called Mercadona, their Delphius brand is also very good, but slightly more costly at 12.95€ for only 80 nappies...

The main Spanish brand is Dodot...and their nappies aren't all plasticy either but are much more costly, 20€ for 80 :roll:...I did a lot of nappy research when I moved. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back