nap time

Squeakz

Reaction score
hi ladies! just had a quick query regarding J. We moved in to our house 3 weeks ago and since then joshua will never go to sleep! hes getting easier at bed time but a MARE for naps. He gets grouchy, rubs his eyes and has mssive bags under his eyes, so we take him to bed and he will not sleep. but if we bring him downstairs again he is back to whinging and rubbing his eyes etc so we definitely believe hes tired. but spends about an hour in his cot jumping around us going up putting him down again, curtains open/close, window open/close m,obile on/off

could it be he is still adapting?

sorry, just seen how old he is....he could be starting to drop his naps. Try the crying down method if you can, so I dont go for what the books or health visitors say...what I did was...

leave for 1 min and if still crying jumping around go back in say little nap, lie him down and walk out
leave for 2 mins " " "
leave for 3 mins " " "

and so on a minute inbetween each I found the 5 mins or the leaving them hell and to be honest it made me feel sick

when we took him out of his cot and into a bed then he never went to his own bed for a nap
so when he's tired, he and I go up to my bed, I shut the curtains we both get in and he falls asleep, then I leave him (sometimes i sleep too haha) and that will only last til I have this one Im sure and most days he doesnt sleep during the day now so an earlier night is had

Not sure if any of this helped xxx

Last edited:
good advise above I reckon. What happens if you just leave him rather than lying him down? Does he scream the place down? We had to do controlled crying where we went in every 5 mins the first few times then lengthened it by 5 mins each time. He still sometimes cries for a nap now when he goes down but 15 mins max and not a screamy cry. It was totally horrendous doing the let him cry thing, my OH was much better but it worked and was clearly what Owen needed - don't know if that's the same for you though...he may be getting used to new place? xxx

Hey thanks for the advice. We did cc and he gets hysterical... To the point the only way to calm is to pick him to. When we go to his room we ignore him and lie him down etc.... It can take up to an hour to get him down and since 3 months he normally just for a to new. I think slash hoping he's getting uses to the new house etc but its driving me insane..... We put him upstairs at six thirty , on a mobile sorry, with warm milk after a bath and bed time story. I'm just somewhat at a loss.......thanks for replying by the way x

so is bedtime easier and he falls asleep quicker on his own? When we did the cc Owen was proper hysterical aswell, snot running down his nose. max time 1 hr 20 i think - i felt so awful. iT quickly became less and less time, like 45 mins, 30 mins etc. but still a lot of screaming. Not saying thats what you should do just thats what happened for us. Good luck! Bloody hard when theyre not having a nap! I spent 3 weeks when he was 10/11 months walking and driving his for every nap!

Maybe it'd an age thing as j is 11 months and has become awkward plus new house etc..............maps are the worst it takes forever almost 2 hours....but we know he's tired.......spose we will go back to cc. Worked well the first time.....thanks ladies.....nice to know I'm nor actully crazy.......lol x

hey hun, we're going through the same thing atm. after a 6 week holiday, marleys routine was well and truley fooked, then we we're back in london for a week and he was slowly getting back on track, im at home in Bolton atm visiting family, so he doesnt know if hes coming or going!!!! for nap times he does the sam thing with his eyes, i put him in his pram (screaming) with his dummy and rock for a few mins and he goes. bedtimes we've been doing CC but like u the only way is to pick him up as he goes crazy practically doesnt breathe, after two mins on my chest he is usualy asleep and i can put him into his travel cot. im prob making a rod for my own back so to speak but as soon as we go back to london next week his routine starts again. just stick with what ur doing and im sure he will settle. also, j's a similar age to marley isnt he? from the advice i got from the girls after a post last week, its the age for anxiety (cant remember the same) which i hope passes soon! im sure he will be ok in a few weeks xoxo

Fingers crossed for both of us! Last night he went to sleep straight away. So hopefully its a sign but again his nap today was terrible. Iv only just left bolton. Didn't realise you had family their.!

Fingers crossed for both of us! Last night he went to sleep straight away. So hopefully its a sign but again his nap today was terrible. Iv only just left bolton. Didn't realise you had family their.!

fingers crossed! hope it goes ok! ahh no way! im from Bolton!!! lol.

westhoughton actually!! i always say bolton tho as its easier as no one has heard of wetshoughton lol. you?!

haha i know westhoughton! im from next door to bolton town centre. also kinda near to rivington pike?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back