im ready for screaming

Squeakz

Reaction score
i posted a thread agas ago about joshua not sleeping without a fight. and its not stopped. evenign are generally ok but his nap times he screams and im sick of it. hes put in his nap as hes rubbing his eyes and yawning and getting grumpy. But hes been FULL ON SCREAMING for an hour and i wanna cry

dunno what im trying to get from this but i just have to elt it out. Its whenever hes in his bed he just full on screams till hes gagging and retching and panting

have you been in and comforted and walked out...do you remember when I posted back. Have you tried that?
xxx

Jude wont sleep in his bed during the day, he sleeps in mine...so when he looks tired, I shut the curtains in my room and put him in my bed. Sometimes I lay down with him....sometimes I put the tv on....sometimes I dont but hes fairly ok with that. He wont do his bed during the day. Nighttime is fine though...thats only been since hes in a normal bed, when he was in his cot it was fine have you tried your bed? Some of my friends kids wont sleep at all during the day, some only sleep in a buggy, some in a car, some on the sofa.... so basically theyre all different... and it depends how much sleep Judes had at night, if he sleeps near 12 hours he doesnt generally need a sleep during the day and has been like that for about a year now if its nearer 1o or less and has broken sleep during the night like woken more than 3 times then he needs a sleep xxx

Last edited:
sounds to me like he's not wanting to go into his own bed, maybe he'd rather play/sleep somewhere else ect.

Is he in his own room?

Keep strong with the in his own bed routine, he'll soon get fed up with the crying. I know it sounds a bit mean but he's just trying to play you to get his own way - if you dont try & sort it now he might end up doing it for many years (getting his own way that is)

Good luck

:)

yeah weve been trying the comfort him but dont 'engage' with him and then leaving . It was an hour today of nothing but screaming. I would put him in our bed BUT he would fall off when he woke up and squiggled about etc.........the thing tht really confuses me is that hes been an amazing napper and sleeper before we moved.......:s

we had to leave him today and it was hard and every so often wed go in try and calm him and then leave and it would be a scream...... thanks for replying ladies! x

I know others have said about keeping him in his bed but have you tried him napping in his pram? For a while Paige did exactly the same and just screamed at nap times. So one day I just got so fed up I put her in her pram downstairs (we were due to go out anyway) and left her there so if she was going to cry, it was going to be away from me getting ready and in her pram ready to go out. She fell asleep instantly. For a while after that I put her in the kitchen in her pram and she slept so so well.

When I moved when Paige was about 6/7 months it took her a while to get settled with her naps (not that she was a great napper at that point anyway). I think because its all strange and different they can get a bit scared when left alone so it ends up in a screaming war. :hug: It does end....or at least thats what Im told lol.

oh hon I can sympathise. The only thing I can think of to say as advice is try and leave him as you are doing and eventually he will sleep (hopefully) and it will get better. We had to leave owen for an hour and a half first time, going in every 5 mins then every ten first time. second time every 5,10,15,20 mins etc. He was standing at cot, snot running down his face etc. God it's hard though. luckyy for us it did work and i know youre trying to do that too...but maybe leave him longer?
xxx

ok he went straight to sleep tonight!! so confused!

are naps generally worse? so he can put himself to sleep... like you said he did at your old place? weird. xx

Glad he got down to sleep tonight nicely for you. Im still baffled and in amazement when Paige does this. I saw a baby just fall asleep the other day. Just like that. Awake one minute and sleeping the next. Honestly it was like watching magic.

rofl mel! oh my days that was gthe funniest comment i ever heard! i saw it two and i felt hard done to!! x

It was at a christening and I just kept asking everyone if it was normal, and do babies normally do that?! Apparently it can be quite common.....

...apparently.

....being the operative word! at least we're in it together!! pahahah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back