Names!!

Potternutter

Reaction score
Thought I would start off a thread talking about what our LO's are going to be called!

I am a teacher and find it really hard. I teach approx 160 pupils in a week with a variety of names- some I have been put off for life just because a child is naughty! There are some lovely names that I have gone off because they are just too common- I have a class of 11 year olds with 4 Jack's in!

Anyone decided already?

I've decided a name for a girl, but haven't got a clue for a boy and we are team yellow so we had better get thinking :)
I know what you mean about names though, my MIL is a teaching assistant and she tells us some of the names and it really puts me off.
A couple of the names that I really like are my friends children's names too, so obviously can't really go for those! :)

I know what you mean, a lot of my friends have girls with gorgeous names, but I can't use them as it would feel wrong (Ava, Isabella, Isla, Imogen, Ellisha, Grace to name a few!!)

Only name I like so far is poppy. No names for a boy yet! And I want something different that's not common where there's going be lots of them in the same class with the same name lol. I like hunter for a boy but I don't like it enough to call my child that lol x

Oh sorry I do like Lewis for a boy but that's my sons middle name :/ and its not unusual either so I better get thinking x

We can only decide on a girls name at the moment, we both like Evelyn. But no clue for a boy! Like jude and Logan but not sure if I like them enough! Boys names are so hard! X

I agree that boys names are extremely hard. Loads of beautiful girls names, but I've always wanted Freya, so I'm sticking with that unless OH can persuade me it's not the most beautiful name.
I liked Seth and Logan for a boy but OH hates them, I like names like Isaac, Sebastian and Alistair too but OH stamped those out straight away... But if he doesn't come up with the goods soon, he'll be stuck with a name that I choose :)

I keep telling oh that Iv got to do all the hard work so I should pick the name but he's not going for it lol! I love Isaac and Noah but he hates them, can't come up with any boys names that we both likes, all he wants is Edward jr, um no!!!! Hopefully it will be a girl to save arguments haha! X

I love harry(which i know will porb be very common)and sophie(prob common too!), took ages to talk hubby into harry and he picked sophie which i love even more so becuase he picked it!!

Michelle. x

I like Noah too, but that's one of my friends children's name, which is a tad weird to have too :)
My OH is Alex and he keeps saying he wants Alex, Alexa, Lexi etc (as a joke), only serious one he's come up with is Mila for a girl (pronounced Meela), but I'm not struck on it. :)

I love harry(which i know will porb be very common)and sophie(prob common too!), took ages to talk hubby into harry and he picked sophie which i love even more so becuase he picked it!!

Michelle. x

I like Harry too :)

I love jack :( but its sooo common I would love it to calm down for a few months between now and December so I can have it. If not its Sebastian or Ethan atm.

To be honest I don't really care if a name is common or not as long as I love it - we are definitely having Jack if it is a boy as we both love it and it sounds good with OH's surname. Only thing that would change that is if baby was born and didn't look like a Jack.

Girls names I am struggling with, I want something unusual and pretty but me and OH can't agree - I love Lexi-May but he doesn't like it and he likes Ruby but I don't like it. I am trying to find something really unusual now but am super stuck :(

I like Noah too, but that's one of my friends children's name, which is a tad weird to have too :)
My OH is Alex and he keeps saying he wants Alex, Alexa, Lexi etc (as a joke), only serious one he's come up with is Mila for a girl (pronounced Meela), but I'm not struck on it. :)

Don't suppose that's anything to do with Mila Kunis? Blokes are so predictable! Lol! ;)

We have names in mind we like Jessica Eleanor for a girl or Joseph for a boy (not sure on a middle name). We will hopefully find out what we are having on the 4th September. Main problem is my sister is having a little girl and is due on the 17th September. She is refusing to tell anyone her name so if our little one is a girl we are going to have to wait until her baby is born because if we chose the same name as her we will have to change it anyway xxxxxx

I had my heart set on George but thats been ruined now :( and at the moment its Lily for a girl, probably Lily May/Mae. I have the same problem though where I'm a teacher and it can really influence what you think of a name, like I've just 2 'challenging' boys called Jack and Ethan - both lovely names but ruined for me now! We will hopefully be finding out the sex so I'm going to wait til then to think properly again - I like Joseph mrssmith - and don't have loads of them in my school :) x

I had my heart set on George but thats been ruined now :( and at the moment its Lily for a girl, probably Lily May/Mae. I have the same problem though where I'm a teacher and it can really influence what you think of a name, like I've just 2 'challenging' boys called Jack and Ethan - both lovely names but ruined for me now! We will hopefully be finding out the sex so I'm going to wait til then to think properly again - I like Joseph mrssmith - and don't have loads of them in my school :) x

I've also had George picked out since way before even TTC as it has significant meaning and I'm also truly put off now. Praying we have a girl (team yellow) and had gut feeling of girl since beginning. We've chosen Alice Evelyn for a girl and then hopefully we can use George a few years down the line!! Xx

Were calling our girl ruby-rose leigh (leigh is not our second name she will have double barreld name and a middle name )
my 2 year old is shannon peggy louise xxx

Were calling our girl ruby-rose leigh (leigh is not our second name she will have double barreld name and a middle name )
my 2 year old is shannon peggy louise xxx

Brodie was my definite girls name, but we're having a boy which was so much harder!

For those that cant see tickers, Greyson Ward Smith.
Greyson means "son of the grey haired" (oh is a silver fox lol) and Ward is the name of his mothers dad eho passed away before he was born. I like that its a short middle name and neither are common (needed to jazz up the boring surname without being too out-there! )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back