Named MW

mum2A&L

Reaction score
When did you meet your named mw?

Ive still to meet mine. Ive seen a MW at the hospital to be put on their systems and check to see if i need to see a consultant etc, but ive yet to meet mine. I think its the same one i had with alice and she was rubbish. I got left for days after having alice because i was down on her books to visit but she was on holiday and never asked anyone to visit me (but she did ask for other people to be visited). I only ever meet her twice as well as she was too busy to see me.

Im sure I meet her before this point with Alice :think:

Hi, I had my booking app with the midwife during my 9th week. It seems most people have it between 9-12 weeks but is different in different areas. That said, she called me about a week after I had told the dr to introduce herself and let me know when the booking app would be. I would have thought that she should have contacted you by now. Can you find out from your GPs who your midwife is? She should have booked your bloods and everything by now. Good luck xx

You should have had some sort of contact by now I would have thought. Have you had your bloods done when you were booked in at the hospital? If not then that def needs chasing.

If you don't like your named midwife are there any other options for you? Seems a shame to go through another pregnancy unhappy with your care cos it can make such a difference. In my 2nd pregnancy I went to a nearby surestart centre who had a midwife attatched and she was so lovely - even attended my homebirth. I was gutted when we moved out of the catchment area for that reason alone!

Hope you can get things sorted soon x

it was down on the forms as being the same person as i had with alice. My doc gave me a forms for bloods and i had them taken 4-5 weeks ago. they have all come back normal.

I might leave it till monday and give them a bell... :think:

We are with the same midwives and I didn't meet my named midwife unbtil 16 weeks :hug:

Ive got mine on the 2nd sept so not that far away!!!!!! :cheer:

Im not meeting my named MW until my 16 week appointment either. I saw a MW at the hospital at 9 weeks but that was it so Im sure you will meet them at your 16 week one

i won't worry too much then. It was just with alice i met her after my 12 week scan.

Ive had 3 letters through the post today - one booking in my 20 week scan, one booking me in with an appointment with the consultant (but not till 25ish weeks i think) and another one for my GTT test in December. all fun!!

However, i was told i wouldn't need a consultant appointment so its kinda odd ive got one :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back