Name teasing

Daydreaming

Reaction score
So you are probably all in a similar boat - wanting to give your baby a name they can be proud of/enjoy and won't be teased with.

Girls names we are doing fine with as I like old fashioned ones, like Charlotte and Emily etc.
Boys has been tougher - my husband has finally decided he likes the name Brandon. I'm not opposed to Brandon, I quite like the sound of it - but I am trying to be sensible and think of any teasing that could be caused by it.

The only thing I can think so far is Bran Flakes if we shorten the name to Bran at all... and Bran Flakes are well known for helping you poo.:shock: Do you think kids would find any other teasing avenues for the name?

I think that any name will be open to teasing and if it's not the name, they'll find something else to pick on-kids are cruel!

I think that any name will be open to teasing and if it's not the name, they'll find something else to pick on-kids are cruel!
WSS - Any name can be picked on although I would not hear the name brandon and make a connection with bran flakes and poo - I think its a lovely name.X

Brandon is lovely name, I wouldn't have thought about Bran flakes if you didn't mention it x

Thanks ladies. I only thought of Bran flakes when I started trying to shorten the name. In a program we like the is a person called Brandon and everyone calls him Bran - but then in the program he is rich and awesome, so noone would tease a Bran then!

You are right, kids can find anything to tease about. My maiden name is Lovell and my bro used to get called Shovell a lot (boys eh!)

The only thing I can think so far is Bran Flakes if we shorten the name to Bran at all... and Bran Flakes are well known for helping you poo.:shock: Do you think kids would find any other teasing avenues for the name?

If I am honest I don't think young children will even pick up on this, I love the name you have chosen and even if you shorten it to Bran.

There are not a lot of names out there that you can't tease a person with and we sat down and really thought about it before we knew we were having a boy.

As much as I hated being teased for my name at school 'Kelly' it has made me appreciate it more.

I would try not to worry about it and focus on the fact that by the time he gets to school he will be so used to the name he will be able to overcome any teasing easily..

xxx

It could be shortened to 'Brand' (as in branding) which can be a positive thing, that he is a 'Cool Brand' or 'The Brand' if he wished to big himself up a bit.

As Mrs R said kids will pick on any name, so long as there is no obvious clash with your surname then it'll be fine xx

Thanks guys

Am also trying to ensure the initials dont cause a problem - at one point it was BELP or BLEP - but we may just shorten to BEP instead, which off the top of my head isn't an abbreviation for anything :)

I worried about this but you will find something with most names, my husband decided my lo's name and his initials are elf lol.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

I think you may be over thinking it a bit lol x

Defo some overtthinking here, i like brandon x

My mates son was called Brandon, and the worst he got called was Brendon- I'm crap with names!!

When I see BEP I think of the Black Eyed Peas, which I wouldn't worry about because they're like the greatest band ever :D xx

My nephew is a Brandon and all he gets is Brad for short which I think he quite likes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back