Name Idea

songbird

Reaction score
Ok
so we have been thinking about names and so far we only have 2 that we can agree on
Katrina
Katya
both came about as a friend suggested Kathrine but i wasnt keen

The middle name will be Hannah (although can be changed )
and my daughter has decided that if one of the above names are picked the babies nickname will be Kitty :roll:

I think i prefer Katya out of the 2 names. Katrina is a nice name but reminds me of someone that should be in their 30's (just because i know a few) I like Hanna as a middle name 2. xxx

Though Katrina is a lovely name, I can't help but think of the Hurricane that hit New Orleans.....

I think Katrina is a lovely name :) I prefer more traditional sounding names and Katya is a bit out there for my taste iykwim... But they are still both nice :) And Hannah is lovely :D x

i prefer katya out of the 2 but if im honest not greatly struck by either. its your choice though hun.

im the same with katrina though and think of the hurricane. xxx

But Katya is a common russian name. Are you Russian at all?

Personally I think Katherine is lovely, really classic and can be shortened to Kat, Kate, Katie, Kath, Kathy etc, which ever one you like best. And Kitty is supposed to be short for Katherine.

Another popular spelling for Katherine is Kathryn, could that be a compromise?

I really dislike Katya, and i'm a fan of Russian names too :oooo:

It sounds like slang to me for some reason.

I think Katrina is ok, not something i'd consider but it doesn't make me go ick either :)

I do like Kathryn.

I like katya, it's lovely and really unusual x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back