• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

name dilema!

jodie_honey

Reaction score
helloooo ladies, it feels like a ghost town in the forum today.
so we are callin our little one Abigail Rose and although i do love it, i also like another name and my other half has his heart set on abigail rose.
I really like Eden and he wont let me have it, not even as a middle name instead of rose. what can i do its not fair :cry:

aw hon :hug: :hug: why won't he let you have it? could you not have 2 middle names (abigail rose eden)?

if its cos he doesn't like it, then i guess you have to compromise to make sure its a name both of you like cos your baby belongs to both of you... my OH doesn't like any of the names i like!!

i think abigail rose is beautiful :hug:

If you really feel that strongly about the name I'd speak to him about it.
I'm having problems with my OH he wants to pick if its a boy and he said I can pick if it's a girl. I've told him no chance I want it to be a joint decision a name we both like.

Abigail Rose is a lovely name but I also think Eden is lovely too.

We are waiting til after my scan next month to find out the sex and then we are going to pick names then.

thanx girlies, im gunna have another talk to him about it. im sure i can talk him around.
i do love Abigail rose but i also like eden so im gunna ask if we can have Abigail Eden. fingers crossed :D
he didnt like the name i picked for a boy either so he was well shuffed we are havin a girl lol xx

LOL,, like I said to you this morning.. Abigail Eden in nice.. however, Abigail Rose Eden is really nice too :D

I like Abigail Eden Rose :D

I argued to keep my surname as a middle name. OH wanted his family middle name as the middle name. So he/she is getting 2 middle names (even though his is going first :x ) lol

I think ours will have 2 middle names whether it is a boy or girl too. If it is a girl it will have my Mums first name as a middle name in her memory and if it is a boy it will have OH's middle name.

I would talk to your OH, suggest Eden as a second middle name.
I don't know how we're ever gonna agree on a name, we both like completely different one's. Can't wait to find out the sex of the baby so we can narrow it down. I'd like the baby to have a name before it's born

Wait until you're actually in labour and pain and just kinda scream at him that after all you're going through why shouldn't you have the middle name of your choice :D :dance: :lol:

Abigail Eden sounds like a fair compromise to me. Seems a small issue to fret about but a little niggle can grow so I think you are doing the right thing talking to your hubby about this. Good luck xxx :hug:

Louise1973 said:
Wait until you're actually in labour and pain and just kinda scream at him that after all you're going through why shouldn't you have the middle name of your choice :D :dance: :lol:

I agree with Louise! Me and OH are NEVER going to agree on a name before LO is born so I figured Il wait until he/she is here then hopefully OH will let me choose after the pain Ive been through, will be phased by the shock of becoming a daddy, completely smitten with LO & so knakered that he'll agree to whatever Id like :D

that worked for me Sarah! Sophie wasnt even on our list as far as dh knew until she popped out and I named her - he was too shocked to argue!

Abigail Rose Eden has a lovely ring to it - surely he can compromise with that??

I'd definitely go with 2 middle names! Both my children have 2 middle names and this one will be no different!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back