My untactful midwife

Hazel

Reaction score
I had my routine appointment today and asked her how big she thought baby is going to be when due. She had a good feel around and said "ooooh, she's got a big head" :( :shock: :rotfl: , not what you want to hear when you've got to push it out in 3 weeks.

She said she would be surprised if she weighs less than 8 1/2 pounds and said she is very long as head is right down and can feel body all curled round and wedged under my ribs.

I asked if I can start trying things to get her out yet and she said yes :dance: , don't want that head to get any bigger :rotfl: .

Oooh gosh! I would have cried! lol My MW said LO is measuring 39 weeks yesterday...so gosh knows what he'll be like if I go over :shock:

Was everything else well?! x

awwww silly midwife woman! im sure your babies head is beautiful and perfectly formed!
my m/w was very untactful also, i am measuring 2weeks ahead, and she said to me "oooooo hes a big baby".... i asked
"oh god, how big" and she looked at me and said,,, well your not exactly small yourself, so your defo not having a 6lb'er put it like that!!!!!!!!! :? rude! hahaha had to laugh really!
when i asked how big she reaconded he was she mearly replied... "oh i cant guess that weight of a cake at a summer fair so.... i wouldn't like to say love"

Silly mw woman!!

I wouldn't worry about it, they are nearly always wrong!

My sis was told her first was a biffer and Lauren ended up being 6 pounds 8, and they said the second time that the baby had a big head and would be huge, again George came out at a mere 7 pounds 6 ounces at 41 weeks..... :)

I'm already measuring 34 weeks so I'm sure I will be told I'm carring a 12 pound beast at my next appointment, unless there is a scan that confirms bubs is a chunky lil beast I wouldn't listen to them!! :rotfl:

C xxx

It's going to hurt whether she has a big head or a normal sized head so not too bothered.

I must really start thinking about packing the hospital bag soon also.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Sorry I dont know why I find that so funny! Hehe poor yous! Im pretty sure Pips gonna be huge because everyone says shes gonna be small so Im allowed to giggle :D You will probs have a tiny baby!xx

I was told by a few MW that DS would be massive and he came out 5lb 11oz :lol:

This one has been scanned several times and is classed as a big baby, like you say they have got to come out so no point in worrying. From similar threads on here sounds like health professionals have no real idea about sizes anyhoo so just ignor the scaremongers!

My MW told me that I had a 'naughty baby' when she couldn't find the heartbeat at about 18 weeks or so...... I nearly hit her. I'LL DECIDE IF MY BABY IS NAUGHTY MRS.....NOT YOU!!!

I don't think they realise how protective we are of them already and we really don't want to hear people insult them!

My DH has got a really large head so this is one of the things I'm dreading my baby having. Hopefully it won't be too bad for you and your baby will be a perfect size

:hug:

Hazel said:
I must really start thinking about packing the hospital bag soon also.
Has the past week's dramas not taught you anything Hazel?! :shock: Laura, Nicci... Get packing that bag!! PRONTO!! lol :lol:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back