midwife today...

Samsgirl

Reaction score
had my 28 weeks appt today.....all fine.....except...

Boo boo is measuring a little on the big side! lol.....typical...and already weighs about 3 and a half pounds :shock:

I have my next appt on 3rd jan and if he/she still on the big side i have to go for a growth scan. she said it could settle down and it could be just that i am carrying a lot of water. i do have a very high bump so she also said it may measure more as it should do once it drops a bit....

wee wee fine though.....no protein or anything bad, so that's all good... :D and BP was spot on too...even the bloods didnt hurt!!

asked her about my sore bump low down and she just said its ligaments all stretching and it will feel worse for me cos of all the wretching with my illness last weekend...i have weakened my muscles. but she didnt seem concerned. said to get a bump band to help...so luckily my friend has lent me one and its great, def recommend. took the pressure off straight away.

so what does a high bump usually mean...blue or pink bundle??? :love:

xx

Glad all went well..

Not sure about the high and low being blue or pink though... I thought it was whether you put weight on at just the front was an indication of a boy and if you put weight on at the sides it meant a girl?

x

Glad all went well..

Not sure about the high and low being blue or pink though... I thought it was whether you put weight on at just the front was an indication of a boy and if you put weight on at the sides it meant a girl?

x

oh its def all front here...literally just baby bump. in fact i have lost weight from everywhere else...

xx

ive only got front bumpage and not put on anywhere else and im supposedly having a girl. all sounds good hun, my next mw app is the 20th and i have my gtt then as well. week to wait ..........

How big was ur uterus measuring? Pip has measured 2cms bigger at both my 23 week and 28 week checks xx

So glad all went well hun.
All front is usually a boy and side to side is girl, don't quote me tho.
I'm team yellow and my doctor reckons boy from the look of my bump, but she also said she wasn't willing to bet on it. Ha ha.

Glad everything is okay for you! Hopefully you don't end up with too big a bambino. :p xx

Glad everything went well honey.
Im purely just bump bit quite high now so god knows. cos old wives say.....high bump is a girl.but only bump is a boy.
Wish i knew.
Glad we r waitin.
Xxx

3 and a half pounds already???? :shock: that's gonna sting a bit hun lol xxxxxxxxxx

I was measuring big last time I saw the midwife (25 week appointment) then I had a 4d scan just over a week later which said my measurements were fine and the baby was 2lb 2oz and bang on what he should be so I wouldn't worry too much about measuring big......I have my 28 week midwife appointment this morning so will see what he measures today.
As for bumps mine is all at the front and I am having a boy !

I have heard that a high bump means a boy. But I don't really know wheter I believe it or not!

Glad everything went fine!!

xx

Yaiii thats great news hun

What did they do that they could tell the weight of the baby? i had my 28 week yesterday and all she did was measure my belly with a tape but said nothing about what size she thought she was?

My little man weighed about 3'11 at 27 weeks and he is set to be over 9 lbs. I had a growth scan at 32 weeks I think but all that is going to happen is they induce you at 38 weeks but i havent been booked in yet as they all grow at different stages so could slow down!!
xxxx

I'm carrying low, all in front and i'm blue! :) I have my 28 week check tomoz! Looking forward to it coz i haven't seen my midwife since my booking in!

Your bump sunds like mine hun! All at the front but high. I don't know what I'm having but friends have said boy and family have said girl. LOL.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back