My operation tomorrow :-(

mamichuli

Reaction score
Some of you will know from previous posts that i have been waiting for a cataract operation... I'ts tomorrow and I am scared sh**less... could do with some moral support...
The operation is not so bad people say, as it is local anaesthetic and not a long time, but the idea of someone fiddling with my eye - even if I am blind as a bat in that eye - is daunting, as well as the idea of staying still, or being restrained. I am doing the cheerful act at home, as everyone is worried about me, but i feel like crying... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Could do with a hug

Lisa

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope everything goes ok. I know a few people who have had that operation and theyve said it isnt too bad. :hug: :hug: :hug: good luck

I'm sure it will be so worth it.

Good luck! :hug:

I can understand why you are feeling so apprehensive :hug: :hug:
It will be an odd experience, but it shouldn't be painful, it will be worth it in the end! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I know I would feel exactly the same if i was in your situation so I just wanted to give you these :hug: :hug: :hug: and wish you luck. It will be worth it in the end :hug:

not had caratracts surgery but had a squint surgery....
If its anything like that...you could feel a little discomfort but paracetamol takes that away easy enough.
Im sure it will go well.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

You'll be fine hun and apparently it doesnt hurt at all, my Nan had both her eyes done last year and she was fine after, they were very watery and weepy for a lil while, make sure you keep it clean though as my Nan got an infection in one because she wasnt doing it all the time. Good luck hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

aww :hug: :hug: :hug:

Goodluck hun, everything will be fine :hug: my friend had eye surgery - not for cataract but to stick his retina back on and he woke up from general anasthetic absolutely fine and asked for McDonalds :lol: his eye was just a little bloodshot. Let us know how it goes

xxx

:hug: :hug: :hug:
i kno how u feel! i had laser eye surgery a few years ago- and OMG i was shitting myself! i wanted them to do it under general anaesthetic but they wouldnt. i knew it wouldnt hurt but i felt sick knowing my eye would be peeled and burned while i was awake! i nearly fainted they made me drink 2 sugary drinks and let someone else go first lol. then i squeezed the nurses hand so hard while they did it i was so nervous!
if it makes u feel any better hun its not nearly as scarey as u think its gonna be! BIG HUGS u will be fine!!!

Hi gals, thanx so much for all your good wishes - I am back with a HUGE bandadge which they remove tomorrow. My OH says I look like long John Silver! I cant see much with my remaining eye, also cataract there, so I apologise for any sp mistakes. I actually feel OK, but real tired.Going to try to get some sleep... :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back