Am i over reacting?

jenna

Reaction score
I got really upset yesterday because i went shopping for underwear and a size 34G didnt fit me. Iv tried loads of different places and cant get a bra to fit properly.

Iv been thinking about getting a breast reduction for ages now but always got too scared and just ignored the idea. I think its got to the stage now where i have to have it done. Had a chat with dh and he said he knows at some point in my life i will have it done and i might as well have it early instead of being so depressed about it all the time. Recently my backs been really sore, i cant stand up stright, my ribs are sore and i cant sleep because i cant get in a comfy position.

The only problem is; after seeing so many programmes about surgery gone wrong im really scared about actually having it done. I dont think it will go wrong, im just really scared about the operation, the feeling of it etc. Iv never had an operation before and im scared of needles and 'what they could do to me'. :puke:

Is the operation really that bad? Am i over reacting? I want to go and see my GP and get some advice but i dont want to chicken out and waste there time. I really want it but the operation part is making me put it off. :cry:

id go to your GP
dont worry about wasting their time, its what they get paid for

Ive never had surgery like that before so not sure how bad it is
but if it is depressing you i would definatly get it done

:hug:

Go to the doctors hun - noone should have to suffer permanent back pain etc. I've never heard a story of a reduction going wrong - the couple of women I know who have had it done said it was like being given a new lease of life.
A little needle isn't going to hurt as much as your ribs and back do now :hug:

i would go and see your GP Jenna hunny!!!!

i HATE needles, they scare me so much i feel sick at the sight of them BUT i had an operation, by my own choice, a few years ago and put up with having a needle.

you will be fine hunny!! :hug:

I would go to you GP at least they will be able to refer you to a surgon who will be able to go through the whole procedure with you. Also you can get that op on the NHS now so least you won't have to fork out thousands for it but the waiting list might be quite long so in the meantime would you consider seeing a hypnotist(sp) about your needle phobia. Best of luck hun.

I know the waiting list when i first considerd doing it on the NHS was about 2 years :doh: . I was thinking of seeing some one about my needle phobia. Its not the pain that puts me off as such its the thought of it. I dont mind being put to sleep by gas, it was quite fun last time, but i dont think they do that any more :(

Jenna - I used to have a needle phobia - 2 things got me over it, firstly I registered as a bone marrow donor and had to have loads of blood taken as they tried to match me with receipents. Because it was for someones life it was much easier to cope with. Stupid as it sounds it's a great way to cure that phobia, as you can't pull out as you may be saving a child's life.
Secondly - you're TTC - do you realise how many blood tests you have to have when pregnant? That cured me within the space of a few days :D

I would go see your doctor if only to discuss it then see how you feel about it then! He may put you at ease a bit and don't worry about wasting their time it's what they are there for after all! :hug: :hug:

I know :shock: im poopin myself about that lol. I felt the same way when i decided to start TTC. I just got in a right panik last night when i decided i was going to do this. My mum gives blood and doesnt mind needles and she hates drips! Iv never had one so the thought of it makes me really scared especially when my mum doesnt like them. And i know you have to have them and you need to have stiches which iv never had. :puke: Watching ops on telly makes me really upset, people sat in those blue dress things, just waiting around. Id be in a right state. Dh said he'll stand by me what ever i decide which is making is easier. I just feel really selfish. Every one will worry about me and what if something went wrong? I would have caused that by chooseing to do it, its not neccessary (sp?) But it is if that makes sence. Im not going to die if i dont have it done, but i will have serious problems when im older.

Sorry got a bit carried away there :oops:

I hate drips too - only ever had one and it tissued quite spectacularly and noone noticed for hours - I didn't know you weren't meant to be in agony with it. :shock:
This isn't cosmetic surgery hun it's to prevent pain now and more pain later.

Hi Jenna,

I understand exactly what you are going through. I have a very small frame and the last bras I bought was a 32FF. Definately go to your doc but be prepared that they may tell you to wait untill after you've had children. This is because they may grow to be big again and the cheap NHS can't afford to keep doing it.

Although if you nag them enough they will do something about it after all you are the only one who know how you feel.

Good Luck!

I totally understand where you're coming from hun! I'm a 36G and it's a right pain. My boobs hurt, my back hurts and I hate them! My dh loves them but it's impossible to find nice bras that are comfortable! If I don't wear a comfortable bra I suffer for weeks! I would love a reduction but am scared of the op going wrong!

My friend had it and says it was the best thing she ever did! She has hardly any scar and feels so much better about herself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back