• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My new boat! Names Please!! (with pics)

Wow, that's a gorgeous boat and I love the idea of naming it Juniper as it has meaning to it and will be a nice tribute to your dad :hug:

:rotfl: lol when you said boat i didnt expect something as amazing as that.

juniper is a fab name and think your dad would feel honoured. :hug: :hug:

reallyoldmum said:
She's lovely Jen - we have a new boat this season (we keep her in Pwhelli) - just named her Aquaholic as my DH is completely bonkers about boating.... Have you had one before? Its the most wonderful hobbie but a bit worried about next year if this one is lucky enough to stick it does get a bit bumpy out there.......

100_0055.jpg

Ours is the stingray on the right of the picture :D

OO thats a pretty boat! How long have you had her? Pwhelli is just up the coast from us!
Whats the furthest you have travelled in your boat?
When yiou say choppy, what are we talking??!
Its our first boat - we have wanted one for years but could never afford one. We are gonna get proper lessons etc and Im not too bothered about choppiness but if you could give me an idea its always better to be prepared!
Any other hints or tips on things like nice places to cruise to would be ace!
:hug: :hug:

We have only had a boat for 2 years - we had a large bowrider last year but upgraded this year to a sports cruiser :) mainly for the toilet!! We only really use ours around Abersoch and Pwhelli - there is lots of great fishing and when the weather is good you could be anywhere in the world!! Just off the coast of Abersoch is a small rocky outcrop which is the home to around 200 seals - its amazing and there is also a family of approx 9 or 10 dolphins whom we see most outings. The are incredible animals - they love to jump your wake and are so playful.....

If the wind is over about 6 knots then even when you get on the plane you get off the boat feeling as if your insides have been jiggled!! Its not so bad in the bigger boat (shes 25 ft) but still it did go through my mind that a baby would be shaken quite badly..... having said that when the sea is like a millpond you just glide..... We have talked about it and the way I suppose to get over it when a baby is little is to only chug about - a sacrifice for Dave but the benefits of still being at sea outway the having to sit on the shore watching....

If you want anymore info pm me and I will let you have our telephone number - we are not experts but hey its sometimes nice to talk to people with the same passion :D

Juniper is a lovely idea!!

So pleased you got it hun, its gorgeous ur so lucky!!Cant wait to come and stay then Ellie and Jim can be our mascots :D

elliejames.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great boat! I love boats! can't wait to get over to Sweden in the summer to have the use of fils!!!

Enjoy! :D

its really beautiful..im jealous..but isnt it bad luck to change a boats name?

roxanne080 said:
its really beautiful..im jealous..but isnt it bad luck to change a boats name?

not that I know of??! I havent heard that one. Not sure im overly supersticious about that sort of thing anyhoo. Plus it will feel more like our boat if we changer her name!

happy_chick said:
Juniper is a lovely idea!!

So pleased you got it hun, its gorgeous ur so lucky!!Cant wait to come and stay then Ellie and Jim can be our mascots :D

elliejames.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: at the picture!!! I didnt even recognise that it was my own son when i first saw it!!!! :rotfl:

Cant wait for you to come and stay! Its gonna be ace!

:hug: :hug:

Why not call her 'Guinness' !

as good things come to those who wait ! and its black & white !!

Wow hun, that's impressive, you lucky things :D I would definately go for Juniper, it just seems to fit :D

cant believe u were in swansea and didnt call for a cuppa.. personally i think you should call it something welsh lol.....whats ur hubbys name?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back