• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My new boat! Names Please!! (with pics)

Jen & Her Men

Reaction score
Here are pics of our fabulous new boat that we got today!! Its getting delivered to Liverpool Marina in the next 2 weeks so will be ready for my birthday...

Also, I am deperately trying to think of a cool name for the boat. I loved "Groove Armada" but apparently there is already a boat at the Marina called that... :shakehead:

So Im trying to think of a good name for it...

My fave at the mo is Juniper cos my Dad used to sing Jennifer Juniper and I am getting the boat from the inheritance he left me when he passed away last year. So I thought that would be a fitting tribute but Im not 100% sure on it so any suggestions would be gratefully received! (its called Faithful at the mo but i dont really like that)

DSCF0649.jpg

DSCF0656.jpg

DSCF0658.jpg

DSCF0652.jpg

DSCF0654.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

DSCF0650.jpg

IMG_1655.jpg

:cheer: :cheer:

I'm not jealous :fib:

I think Juniper would be a nice idea :lol: :hug:

I think juniper is a great idea given the sentiment behind it.

I'm not much of a boat person, but wow that looks impressive! Juniper gets my vote!

I think Junipe is great too for sentiment reasons.

Its a amazing boat Jen, so is itthe one you wanted>??

mrs_tommo22 said:
I think Junipe is great too for sentiment reasons.

Its a amazing boat Jen, so is itthe one you wanted>??

Yup! I updated my Friday 13th thread. Basically I got a call from the solicitors about 3pm yesterday to tell me that i had quite a bit of interest added to my inheritance from my dad so its meant that we can afford the boat afterall and dont need the finance!! So we shot down to Swansea last night (didnt get there til 11.30pm - epic journey of 4.5 hours and with James in the car :shock: ) and stayed over and then saw the boat this morning and paid a deposit etc.

Just got back about an hour ago..so Im :sleep: but very happy! :cheer:

I just showed my o/h the pics and he's REALLY jealous , he wants to save for a boat but i hate the sea lol

As for the name - i think Juniper is lovely, and there's a reason behind the name, its not just randomly picked

I thought the kitchen on my boat was small :rotfl:

Gald you got it :cheer: You decided if you are keeping on the sea or canal.

Juniper is a nice name. Ours still needs replacing not keeping "Snails pace" :shakehead:

wow i'm impressed Jen that looks lovely although I know nothing about boats but who gives a damn when you gonna look cool 8) Glad you got it hun :hug: :hug:

LilysMummy said:
I thought the kitchen on my boat was small :rotfl:

Gald you got it :cheer: You decided if you are keeping on the sea or canal.

Juniper is a nice name. Ours still needs replacing not keeping "Snails pace" :shakehead:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Yeah its tiny!! Gives me lots of excuse not to cook though and just eat out instead! Or BBQs on the beach! :cheer: :cheer:

We are mooring it at Liverpool marina so will be able to access the Leeds Liverpool canal from there and also the River Mersey so we can take it out to sea. We are gonna keep to coastal regions until we get our sea legs but then we are gonna cruise over to Isle of Mann and Ireland!!
Cant believe its actually happening tbh! I feel so lucky! :pray:

My hubby says he doesn't like you! :rotfl: He's desperate for a boat!

Groove Armada - as in the band? :rotfl: im seeing em' live this month, anyway - beautiful boat, my brothers into boats and his life long dream is to have one he can live in by the times he's 45 (next 3 years - think he's saved anough now, just choosing it!)

rachelandjarvis said:
Groove Armada - as in the band? :rotfl: im seeing em' live this month, anyway - beautiful boat, my brothers into boats and his life long dream is to have one he can live in by the times he's 45 (next 3 years - think he's saved anough now, just choosing it!)

Yeah cos Armada is a type of boat so it seemed pretty fitting and i love their music too!
You live on the Wirral dont you? Cos we are moored over at Liverpool Marina but are gonna sail across to your side, drop anchor and take the dinghy to the beach at New Brighton so you will have to come see us and the boat! :cheer:

ooooooooooo - you know i might take you up on that!! especially if i bring my bro, he can go on and on and on and on and on andon about boats - let him pick ya brains lol.

oh, and nope not in wirrel - in Liverpool! lol. Im in wavertree/old swan area :lol: :lol:

rachelandjarvis said:
ooooooooooo - you know i might take you up on that!! especially if i bring my bro, he can go on and on and on and on and on andon about boats - let him pick ya brains lol.

oh, and nope not in wirrel - in Liverpool! lol. Im in wavertree/old swan area :lol: :lol:

where the el did i get Wirral from then??! Sorry!! I remember now. I used to live on Jubilee Drive in Kensington. Have we had this conversation??! Sorry mummy brain!!

Yeah that would be no problem!! Dont profess to know that much about boats tbh but hes welcome to pick away and me and hubby can tell him as much as we know!
XX :hug:

She's lovely Jen - we have a new boat this season (we keep her in Pwhelli) - just named her Aquaholic as my DH is completely bonkers about boating.... Have you had one before? Its the most wonderful hobbie but a bit worried about next year if this one is lucky enough to stick it does get a bit bumpy out there.......

100_0055.jpg

Ours is the stingray on the right of the picture :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back