My Nan...just pondering...

Kylie1007

Reaction score
..my nan has always been a trifle on the odd side - creative but amateur in what she does - I think that if she had been born nowadays she could have made it as a designer or something.

Anyway I took the baby around to see her the other day and of course all the stories about her children (my mum & auntie) come out. She was saying that when my mum was a baby (she's now early 50s!) she slept on her knees with her bum in the air so it would get cold. My nan sewed 2 blankets together, put a zip up the middle and made arm holes - and basically made my mum a grobag!!!

She should have patented her idea shouldn't she!!! :D I could have been an heiress to a fortune! :rotfl:

:D what a clever gran!! shame your not heiress to a fortune though, maybe you can sue for loss of earnings or summet? :lol:

Your nan is a bloody genius!

My nan used to get the hairs off her legs by running matches up and down them. I still remember the smell lol

Do you think theres an invention there somewhere? :think:

well in my case my legs would make a good thing to strike a match on - they're that stubbly!!! :rotfl:

lou said:
Your nan is a bloody genius!

My nan used to get the hairs off her legs by running matches up and down them. I still remember the smell lol

Do you think theres an invention there somewhere? :think:

in india they remove hairs on their arms by using a hot plate thing
like a stove..i remember my friend at school used to do it..it looks painful to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back