My Nan...just pondering...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kylie1007, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Kylie1007

Kylie1007 Well-Known Member

..my nan has always been a trifle on the odd side - creative but amateur in what she does - I think that if she had been born nowadays she could have made it as a designer or something.

Anyway I took the baby around to see her the other day and of course all the stories about her children (my mum & auntie) come out. She was saying that when my mum was a baby (she's now early 50s!) she slept on her knees with her bum in the air so it would get cold. My nan sewed 2 blankets together, put a zip up the middle and made arm holes - and basically made my mum a grobag!!!

She should have patented her idea shouldn't she!!! :D I could have been an heiress to a fortune! :rotfl:

2. Krystal

Krystal Well-Known Member

:D what a clever gran!! shame your not heiress to a fortune though, maybe you can sue for loss of earnings or summet? :lol:

3. Lou

Lou Well-Known Member

Your nan is a bloody genius!

My nan used to get the hairs off her legs by running matches up and down them. I still remember the smell lol

Do you think theres an invention there somewhere? :think:

4. Kylie1007

Kylie1007 Well-Known Member

well in my case my legs would make a good thing to strike a match on - they're that stubbly!!! :rotfl:

5. fran_23

fran_23 Well-Known Member

in india they remove hairs on their arms by using a hot plate thing
    like a stove..i remember my friend at school used to do it..it looks painful to me!