my mom upset me

Riley's Mommy

Reaction score
my mom and dad was over yesterday. and my mom quite upset me.

she said that i should really think about rehoming rebel. (one of my dogs) as he is naughty and 'untrainable'

my reply was, he isnt untrainable, no dog is. he is a typical puppy, and if i step up the training (which im doing) there shouldnt be a problem. as the baby wont be around the dogs anyway.

i know she is only being concerned. but i felt her comment to be totally unfair.

just needed to have a rant.

heres a pic of rebel for good measure :)

rebel20weeks130.jpg

hehehe now thats a cute dog!!!!
my mum and dad always moaned at my sister for have 3 rotties in the house with her sons aged 3 and 9 but the dogs are great they dont nock the kids over or nothing
if you feel the dogs ok then thats all that matters
manda x

aaww what a cutie :hug: . like you said no dog is untrainable, thats the thing with collies they are so intellegent and lots of stimulation or they gey bored and unruly. Have you thought about taking him to puppy classed or dog agility?

awww hun rebel is gorgous
explain to ur mum that he is ur dog the baby is ur baby and u will manage them ur way

ow rebel looks so gorgeous i now what you mean hun, we have a puppy rottweiler nearly 2 and shes still very boistoiurs she needs training still especially as baby will b here soon xxxxxxxxx

thank you for your support girls. means alot to me.

fingers crossed- i took sasha to canine ettiquete, a puppy training class, and to be honest, i wasnt overly impressed. so i didnt take rebel, and im putting what i learnt the first time into practice now, so he has got the benefit of it also.

i cant wait to do agility with them both, but i have to wait until they are at least 12months-18months as there joints and muscles arent developed properly yet.

ive hopefully got a pushchair coming saturday (from the freecycle adds) to help me teach them to walk next to one.

so ill need to find out the best way to approach that.

id be inclined to sit them next to it, say a certain word then reward. then progress to a few steps ect. but there may be a better way.

as long as i can get them to wak next to the pram i dont think i would have much of a problem. as im going to put up dog/baby gates over the place anyways, so the dogs wont be able to get to the baby.

it will be difficult i know. but people do it all the time, so why cant i?

I know exactly how you feel I've got a 10 month old puppy he's a rottie mixed with something no idea what he basically looks like a miniture rottweiller and he's a little bugger at times. We've tried the stair gate in the kitchen but he learned to jump over it so now gonna put it on the stairs so he won't be able to get upstairs when the baba's upthere.

That's a great idea about the buggie I think I might have to do that as my li'l fella loves to pull on the lead when walking. We were also advised to buy a doll and get our sent all over it and teach him not to go near it so when we bring the baby home hopefully he'll have already learned not to go near him/her. Its all good fun really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back