My middle of the night drama...but I am ok!

Happybunny

Reaction score
Argh! My legs!! I was initally worry about my very swollen legs after a long flight, luckily the swelling disappeared after a night's sleep with them elevated above my heart :cheer:

BUT... I have 5 mozzie bites on my legs and I have developed a severe allergic reation :shock:

I woke up at 3am this morning with a buring pain in my calf. When I went to the loo I noticed a massive blister on one bit and a red raised area that covered my complete lower leg :puke: :puke:

I phoned NHS direct, the nurse was lovely and said I should go to the 24 hour NHS walk in centre to get it treated. So at 3.30am I was sat in the Primary Care Centre waiting room!

Annoyingly though, the nurses can't do a thing because I am pregnant!! :shock: I have to just sit and wait for it to go down itself. There is nothing they can give me to ease the burning sensation. I can't believe it, my leg is seriously minging, what if my blister pops and gets infected? (I was going to post a pic, but decided it wasn't necessary, it really mings)

I was going to see the doc this week about being preggers, so I will try and get an emergency one tomorrow and maybe he might be able to help more. Grr bloody mozzies!!!!! :evil: :evil:

Oh, that is terrible!! I have them all covering my legs. :(
Do you know is the spray is okay to put on, while preg? I am so tempted, but I don't want to hurt the baby.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I hope it clears up soon! You did the right thing by seeking medical advice

Try some aloe vera gel, its great for burns, bites etc. Pop it in the fridge beforehand as its extra soothing when its cold.

Hope it clears up soon.

sunnyday said:
Try some aloe vera gel, its great for burns, bites etc. Pop it in the fridge beforehand as its extra soothing when its cold.

Hope it clears up soon.

thanks for that tip, I am definately going to try it, I am desperate for the burning to stop!

Sharne said:
what about some natural remedies to ease it?

That is a good idea, I have found a webby with some remedies you make up with bits in your kitchen cupboard. I am going to have a try at a bicarb one.

The itching is getting a bit better, but I am having to be very careful not to burst my big blister, I don't want to get it infected. It is about 7cm in diameter and has a height of about 3cm. It is very hard to make sure it doesn't knock against anything. :roll:

That is my last foreign holiday ever!!! (Well until the massive family get away at Christmas/New Year :rotfl: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back