• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My long awaited traveling pics!

Urchin

Reaction score
I know a few people have asked to see these, plus pics of me with dreads, so here you go....this is from when I went traveling for a year in 2000....sorry there'd loads!

Sharm el Sheik, Red Sea, Egypt.
travellingpics001.jpg

Playing backgammon with a Beduin
travellingpics002.jpg

View from the restaurant
travellingpics003.jpg

The on the way to a dive site.
travellingpics004.jpg

travellingpics005.jpg

This is how they make those sand pictures in bottles! so clever!!
travellingpics007.jpg

In Israel now, Eilat, I worked on a diving boat here and met OH :) Behind me is "Coral Island" a dive site we took people to every day.
travellingpics008.jpg

Yay dolphin!
travellingpics009.jpg

We lived and worked on a boat in the Marina in Eilat, every boat had people like us working and living on it.
People from all over the world, we were like a big club, all the bars gave us free booze and we were known as "the marina people" :lol:
travellingpics010.jpg

We had some crazy nights, I can tell you :shhh:
travellingpics011.jpg

After falling out with our boss on the boat we ran away to Jerusalem! We lived on the roof of a hostel, this was the view.
(That's "the dome of the rock" with the gold roof.
travellingpics012.jpg

Me at the wailing wall... had to cover up with OH's T-shirt.
travellingpics013.jpg

Floating in the Dead sea... surreal!
travellingpics014.jpg

Streets in old jerusalem... it was like this everywhere, like a massive maze that all looked the same
travellingpics015.jpg

Cairo....it's a shit hole
travellingpics016.jpg

travellingpics017.jpg

Self explanatory I hope ;)
travellingpics018.jpg

travellingpics019.jpg

travellingpics020.jpg

Goa, India... we used to ride that moped everywhere and sing beatles tune at the top of our voices LOL
travellingpics021.jpg

Check out the carvings on the beach
travellingpics022.jpg

OH looking sexy ;)
travellingpics023.jpg

Thailand now....waterfall...
travellingpics024.jpg

Warning.., these tour guides are CRAZY and bought us way too much beer on the train....like a party at 9 am LOL
travellingpics025.jpg

Elephant ride
travellingpics026.jpg

travellingpics030.jpg

travellingpics027.jpg

Last stop, the islands, Koh Tao is where Mason was conceived, his middle name is Koh which means island in Thai and child in Japanese :)
travellingpics028.jpg

We worked as divemasters here for about 6 months, here's me taking people on a dive
travellingpics032.jpg

Me and OH on the boat... I'm about 4 months pregnant in this pic and didn't know :oops:

travellingpics029.jpg

:D

wow what a body! (not your OH, you!! ) :lol:
amazing pics... so jealous you've been everywhere.. id love to go half the places u have been - but unless i can walk or go buy car i wont be going - no planes for me :lol: :lol:
you've certainly lived!!

Those pictures are fab, looks like an amazing experience and omg look at your figure! Jammy cow :lol: !

Whoops at diving with mason.
Fab pics rtho, looks like you had the time of your lives

Omg there fantastic pictures, I envy you, thats something I would have loved to do!!

Random qs but how do you get dread locks out? I heard you have to shave all your hair off, is that true?

what fantastic pictures. ill have to sot out the ones i took when i went round Europe.
aww fancy mason being there with you and you not knowing it :rotfl:

Great pictures! Looks like you have a fantastic time :cheer:
........reminds me of my travelling days. Great times! Oh to be carefree again! :lol:

How brilliant are those pics Urchin and what an experience. Love the dolphin, the pyramids, wow those faces carved in the beach...excellent.
Can I ask? Are you South African? I am sure that you once mentioned that your OH was :think:

wow super piccys! looks like u had an absolute blast! oh and how buff are u guys?!!!

aww these make me want to go travelling again. I love hearing about your travels and the pictures are fab.

brilliant pics, i haven't been anywhere like that, would love to go to thailand :D

They are amazing pictures, that was a hell of a experience id say! love the dreads too urchin 8) i wish i had done something like that!

at pics Great pics Urchin, it must have been amazing.

PP: I got the dreads out with a comb and a LOT of conditioner, I started at the back underneath so it took a few days :D

Kazlin, My OH is South African but I'm English, when we met he'd never been to England before, but what I got pregnant (oop) we had to go to the embassy and get him a visa. When we got back we had nothing, no money OH only had a backpack full of old clothes LOL. Now we have 3 gorgeous kids, our own house, and he has a very well paid job he works really hard at. I'm very proud of him :)

Urchin said:
Kazlin, My OH is South African but I'm English, when we met he'd never been to England before, but what I got pregnant (oop) we had to go to the embassy and get him a visa. When we got back we had nothing, no money OH only had a backpack full of old clothes LOL. Now we have 3 gorgeous kids, our own house, and he has a very well paid job he works really hard at. I'm very proud of him :)

That definately is an achievement. It just goes to show that life really is what you make it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back