My little girl arrived 5 weeks early

Manda

Reaction score
My little girl arrived safely on 24th Sept at 7.10am we called her Abigail Jayne, she was 5 weeks early and weighed 6lb 2oz and is 47cm long, she is doing well but is still in hospital in the special baby care unit due to her not being able to suck for every feed as it tires her out too much, but when she does feed (trying to do every other through the day) she feeds well, she's also jaundiced quite badley so at the moment is having photo therapy it was really hard coming home from hospital today and leaving her there but hopefully she'll be home with us in just over a week.

Labour went well (painfull tho) and i managed with gas and pethidine, my waters broke at 4.30pm and i started having really bad contractions every 3 mins at midnight, at 4am i was fully dilated and ready to push, this is where things didn't go to plan, it was decided i would have to have her delivered by forceps due to her being premature, didn't fell the episotomy being done which was a big fear of mine, but when they pulled her out it hurt like hell, still had to push as well, then they couldn't deliver my placenta it was still attached to the uterus and would not come away, after about 10 mins i started bleding heavily so it was decided i would have to go to theatre to have it removed as an emergency due to the amount of blood loss i was warned that if they couldn't stop the bleeding they would have to do a historectomy - by this point i just didn't care and signed all the forms, when i came out of theatre they told me that i had lost 2 litres of blood and that i had needed a blood transfusion, i felt awful for the rest of the day and didn't feel any better on Sunday they did blood tests and decided i needed another blood transfusion as my blood levels were half what they should have been, as soon as i had that lot of blood i felt a lot better and by Tuesday as feeling back to my normal self - except for the discomfort down below - not sure how many stitches i've got but it's not as bad as i thought it would be.

So after a really bad pregnancy the birth wasn't any better, but it was all worth it to have my baby and yes i would go through it all again, it is true what they say that you forget about the pain, hardest part now is being away from my baby but hopefully she'll be back home with us in a week and half.

Going to hospitl shortly but will put some pics on soon x x

Hooray! Congratualtions Manda! Wow- what a journey you've been through! Glad you're both ok despite all of the problems. Hope you and your babe are together at home soon. Can't wait to see photos :)

Love and a huge hug
+++

awww congratulations hun glad your both ok im sure your baby will be home with you soon take care both of you xxxxx

I am glad that everything has turned out well now.

That must have been quite the ordeal - Best thing now is that your baby is healthy and will be home with you soon, at least you know she is being well looked after there in hospital.

Wishing you all the best with your new addition to your family.

Take care and rest up.

Tineke

Congratulations hun,
Glad to hear you both made it through okay and baby was a good weight for a pre-term. Sorry to hear about what you went through, but at least you sound positive about it. These things often don't seem to go to plan, but at least your little girl is now hear and you cn get on with enjoying your time together.

All the best
xx

Congratulations i think 6lb 2 is good weight for 5 week prem

Good luck with everything hun x

Congratulations, sorry you had such a rough time of it, glad thingss have worked out well in the end.

Congratulations, glad you are both OK even though was quite a time.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations honey

Sounds very traumatic.

6 2 is a great weight for a prem baby. heres hoping she will be home with you soon.

well done.

xx

Congratulations Manda - I'm so glad you and Abigail are going to be OK. She'll be with you at home in no time at all.

Lots of love to you all

LBxx

Congratulations Manda! Sorry that you had been through rough and tough times. Thanks to the Almighty that you and your baby are doing fine. I can imagine how hard it is to stay away from her. You and your girl are there in the prayers and pretty soon you will be together. Take care now and you will need all your strength to lookafter her. Hugs dear!

Congratulations!!!

Hope you and your little girl recover quickly!

Ashley xxx

Congratulations!!! Wishing her home to you soon!! Can't wait to see pics!!

xoxo Ree

Congratulations on the birth of your little girl. It must have got quite scary at one stage! glad your feeling better and i'm sure your daughter will be home with you soon. Hope the stitches get better.

x

Congratulations you are a very brave girl. The pain is excruciating. Be proud of yourself and your little one. I will pray for a speedy recovery for you and your little one.........you have a little you now.......God Bless
All my love
Jacqui. x x x x

Congratulations Manda, I'm so pleased for you. The process sounds like a complete nightmare but after all the worries you've had it must be such a relief to have your little girl safely with you.
Can't wait to see the photos!

Louise x

Just a quick update, Abi finally came home from hospital on Wednesday, she still had her feeding tube in but they have taken it out today yipee ( i hated feeding her through it) she gained 10 grms yesterday and gained a whopping 35 grms today so the midwife was really pleased with her she is now back to her birth weight, she is such a good baby we've hardly heard her cry, she is just so chilled - think she follows her dad there lol.

Watch this space over the next few days and i'll get some pics posted on here.

Manda and baby Abigail x x

Hi Manda

I'm so glad you and Abi are ok. I've had my final scan today and I'm down to 2.5cm but apparantly that's normal and not indicative of any premature labour. There's no change when the cervix is under stress so all looks ok. I made them check the sex for the 4th time and it's definitely a girl :D I'm very pleased.

Looking forward to those photos.

Louise x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back