my baby girl :) !!!!!

pips

Reaction score
TADA DAAA DAAAA!!

my precious baby girl, Zoe Danielle, was born on wednesday 22 feb at 2.50 am, 3.61 kilos 52 cm... (sorry no idea how to convert)

it was quite some labour but worth every second! here is my story (and then am off to bed :lol: )
i went in on monday and just missed the scan people so was went to labour ward to see how things were going to go as they didn't know what position her head was in.. they gave me the 1st lot of gel anyway to induce me and the next morning i was 2 cm dilated! so they gave me the second lot of gel saying that it was looking good
in the early afternoon though i was only measuring 3cm still so they broke my waters and from that moment it went bad. my contractions realy started and the pain went crescendo very very fast. at 8pm they measured me thinking i would not be far off but was STILL only 3cm.. i was lying in the bath totally desperate.. also they weren't keen to give me pain relief as i wasn't far enough.
so i they said i was going to have to have a drip to get things really going and the pain would get much worse.. you can imagine i went for an epidural!!!! but only got it 2 hours later, in which i was delirious (so much for being brave lol)
as soon as i was on the drip i was great but her heart beat kept dipping outside contractions so doctors came in and said i might have to be rushed for a cesarian, as they couldn't test her because i was only 4cm.. they left me for 20 mins and i was really sad, i never thought it would get better
but then they came back measured me and i was 7cm!!!!!!! so they tested and saw she was fine though she was facing thewrong way and her head was coming out sideways -which is why i was induced in the first place! if only i'd known..
at the end of the test i was 9cm so they left me for an hour to rest and came back for pushing.. which lasted the whole of 10 mins :shock: :D
and she came out without a tear!!!! (so dilated 7cm in 1 1/2 hours and delivered 10 mins, can't believe it)
they gave her to me and i didin't notice the outside world fr 5mins but then they took her away and i realised 6docs were there sponging so much blood away.. i hemorraged (sp?). that sorted itself out fast though, thank god and we were able to have a lovely feeding/bonding session!

we're now home, exhausted, still getting used to each other, but she is the most wonderful creature.. i never want to take my eyes off her
never mind bizarre birth being a mum is great!

had to stay in hspital longer because of the amount of blood i lost, plus she lost 11% weight but she's fine now

sorry for the rambling, and be kind if it makes no sense.. still need sleep :)
catch up soon!
new mummy pippa xxx :D

awwww congratulations sounds like u didnt have it all easy but u got her here!!! and i love her name

:D :D :D :D CONGRATULATIONS :D :D :D :D

Great news Pip, the birth sounds like it was so tough, you should be proud of yourself. Welcome to the world Zoe Danielle xxx

Congratulations! labour sounded like hard work, well done.

wooohoooo CONGRATULATIONS :D :D :D

Sorry the birth didnt go as planned but im sure you will agree that it was all worth it now that you have your lovely daughter!! Love the name too! :D

Steph x x

AWWWWWWWWWW PIPS HUN....CONGRATS and WELL DONE YOU!!!
We have all been wondering how you got on. Been checking every day!
Im sorry it didnt go the way you planned either...but hey she's here and safe.
PM me when you feel up to it??
Love Hels and Charlie Bear xxx

Congratulations Pip!!

Welcome Zoe Danielle!

No tears etc - that'll definately help your recovery from birth and let you sit down to feed as much as necessary! Hope your Mum is taking good care of you, can't wait for some pics of wee one.

Lucy x

WHEY!!!!!

Congratulations Pip - glad your both home and safe now! and what a lovely name for your little girl.

Your birth story sounds very similar to mine in places - I too had my waters broke and it was hell up from there!!!!! Still, shes here now so enjoy!!

L x

Fantastic news Pippa.... congratulations!!!
Emilia xx

Well Well Well been wondering what was going on and now I know!! :D

A HUGE CONGRATS is due to you!! and a BIG WELCOMING to Zoe!!!

Sorry you had a rough start to it but 7cms in an 1 hr & 1/2!! Not to shabby and then you can't beat only 10mins of pushing!!!! Glad you both are home and well. Get all the rest you can and sleep when she does!!

Talk to ya soon!!

xoxo Ree

well done and congratulations hunny sorry you had a rough time of it xxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations Pippa!!!! Welcome to the world Zoe! Well done sweetie xxxxxxx

3.61kilo's is 7lb 15oz :)

Hey, finally!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

HUGE CONGRATS to you and massive welcome to your little darling!!!

it's so nice to hear from you again!
I am sure you don't miss your bump now that you have this little flower to look after :D

It's bizarre, isn't it? whatever pain you feel, this is just nothing once you have had your lovely little angel!!! I still find it very very difficult to sit and walk around because of my numerous stitches, but who cares?? when it's time to feed my little "boule d'amour", I am able to rush to the kitchen and sit wherever :wink:

Take some rest, I still need so much of it, I know your mum is arriving soon, that will definitely help you!

big hugs to your Zoe and "chapeau bas" for your birth!

Take care,
Mel xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back