my lips need your help..!

leckershell

Reaction score
Ok this is random but I'm running out of ideas and there have been a lot more random threads than this in the past!

My lips are very dry, cracked, occasionally bleeding.. it's been for the past week or so - usually they are very good, and the rest of my skin is fine too.

No matter what I do, they aren't getting better. I've tried leaving them alone with nothing on which seems to make it worse, lip balm (I have the blue nivea moisturising one which is usually fab) which hasn't done much either - its ok while it's on but when it needs reapplying it's made no difference, i've tried savlon as that's usually good at helping things and yeah it's made them smooth for a bit but still they are dry and cracked, and normal moisturiser (have tried nivea in tubs, and boots own moisturiser). I even put some cocoa butter stretch mark cream on them the one night cos i had some left over on my hand and thought it wouldn't do any harm since it's practically moisturiser anyway.

I'm no good at beauty and stuff so I've run out of ideas.. help me!!

x

Get yourself a tube (or tub) of caramax - it's either in a yellow tube with a red lid or a white tub with a yellow lid.
I used to be the same as you but once I found this I've never looked back!!

Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream skin protection

It's expensive..but is brilliant and one tube lasts me a year easily. Works on cracked/chapped lips, spots, cuts, burns (esp sunburn noses :D ) emergency hand cream/moisturiser.

I never leave home without it :D

I'm going to move this to our new Health and Beauty section :D

The only thing that works for me when they're really bad is plain old vaseline, the little 99p tins.

I think other lip balms have stuff in them which seems to aggravate rather than help when they're bad.

the only exception I ever found was Carmex (From Superdrug) Used by Supermodels (apparently :roll: ), it tastes really nice! :D

carmex is the best thing since sliced bread (why is sliced bread so good? :think: ) :rotfl:

no seriously..its amazing so worth it :cheer:

That carmax reminds me of something else I've seen - what's Blistex? in the white tubes? Is that the same thing or is it for coldslaws? :think:

Carmex says its for coldsores, fever blisters and chapped lips.

yea blistex is for all of those..its ok but i find carmex a lot better

carmex...

also beauty comes from the inside too- are u eating enough vitamins n stuff? remember when ur pregnant baby gets nutrients first- if theres not enough for u both u will miss out!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back