dry skin

Kimbo

Reaction score
all winter i've had really bad dry skin.
i've used face scrubs, masks/peels, moisturiser... and i drink bottles and bottles of water each day.
it's never usually this bad in winter... could pregnancy have made it worse?
it's so dry that i can't even wear foundation proper because it makes my skin flaky :( :( :(
any other ideas??

My skin, which is usually dry, has been even worse and my face had been so scaly! I bought elizabeth arden 8 hour cream on a whim and it is fantastic! I put it on my cheeks at night and after three days they were not dry at all!!!! It's great as a lip balm too. I even used it to calm frizzy hair last week :oops: I also bought their mousse foundation and it looks great even on dry skin. Most foundations go into the cracks in my skin and show up as light lines, which doesn't look good, but this stuff doesn't.

I've always suffered dry skin, haven't found anything yet that really helps - I might try that EA 8hr cream then.....might have to have a whim soon and just think 'what the hell' and invest! I don't wear foundation at all as it does that sticking to the dry skin thing you mention which looks terrible! :(

I just wanted to sit down and one of the easiest ways to have a seat in town is to ask a counter to match your colour for foundation :D I didn't have any intention of buying. But as she chatted away she said about using the 8 hour cream as a mask. And when I got home I realsied this was the only foundation I had ever worn that looked natural and didn't get between skin! There was an offer on so if I spent £40 I got lots of free things so although I was just going to buy the foundation I decided to get the 8 hour cream too. See if you can get samples from them to find out id you like it. It has an odd medicinal smell but I really like it. You can probably get it way cheaper online.

i've always had dry skin on my heeks and nose, the foundation i use is a tinted moisturiser from body shop with their 'all in one face base' powder on top...works a treat :hug:

ps KIM, GIVE BIRTH

thanks girls ill have to have a look around town next time i go (which will be next week seeing as i cant walk at the moment lol :lol: )

i love 8 hour cream. its become tradtion to always buy a tube when i go through duty free at airport. :D

coconut oil is a cheap alternative, as it strips all the dry skin off, also great as a hair mask :dance:

Also - try Eucerin from Boots. Its awesome and works such a treat and isnt greasy. The 8hr cream I tried a mini sample of and it was fab! Smells funny though?! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back