• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My hair comes out by the handful

mdsremos

Reaction score
Ollie is now 5 months old and i am at the point where I dread to wash and brush my hair cos its falling out like I have never known!!!
I dont have any bald patches that I know about but its really thinning out and seems to be on my pillow in the morning, all over the carpet, even ends up in Ollie's nappies when I change him......I had the Mirena coil replaced at my 6 week check so unsure whether this is related but cant remember problems last pregnancy.

Anyone else had this problem, is there anything I can do to stop/reduce it??

aaawww hun, I feel your pain. I'm going through the same thing - but i haven't gone back on contraception (naughty me lol ;-))

Will be interested to see peoples answers about this. xx

Yep me too :(

All I've searched on the net has said its down to all our hormones getting back to normal. In pregnancy our hair gets thicker so its around the 4-5 month mark that we start to get rid of this extra hair :eh:

I've had mine cut twice in the last 6-8 weeks and after the last cut (about 2 weeks ago) its definitely not been as bad xxx

I run a hair business. When you're pregnant you get no natural shredding hence why you think your hairs super thick etc. Trouble is when you give birth the hair that you would have shred normally over 9 months then starts to come out in bulk so you think you are losing your hair. Technically you are but it's the hair that you should have lost naturally over the last 9 months. Some can take longer than others. It's very common for this to happen so don't worry. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

yeah i had the same except i have bald patches in my hair - so blooing irritated!! josh is 7 months exactly tomorrow and today is the first shower that i havent had clumps nad clumps fall out!!!Its deffo growing back through or some of it is as i have new hair their (in my natural colour as well so thats gonna take some redoing soon :p). Mines so bad i have to be really careful about how i tie my hair back as otherwise you can really see a VERY receeding hairline and patches :( family have commented on it!!

Its getting there though!!
xx

i had huge big bald patches on the front of my head.. looked at bit like i had a receding hairline. wasn't nice at all. it seems to be quite a common problem after having a baby although (and not to worry you as it was just a precaution) when i mentioned it to a doctor he sent me for blood tests to check my thyroid.

All really normal ladies, I have had this every time at 5 months new baby age it starts for me.
I always grow a new fringe at the front which is really annoying when I have long side fringe bits instead of full fringe, but it does grow back and sort itself out - great explanation - thanks emmaandJayden - makes sense !

My hair is really long and OH is always complaining about finding it in the most random places but in the last couple of months it is falling out like Ive never known it to. Literally I can pull handfuls out of it!! Its normal though and HOPEFULLY will stop soon!!

Mines still falling out now :oooo: to be fair tho, my hair hadn't fallen out after my first pregnancy before the 2nd!

Mine's coming out in handfuls too - I always seem to be picking my hairs off Lizzie's clothes/hands etc, I'm sure she's probably digested some by now!

Mine too, it's depressing. Knew pregnancy meant you don't shed hair and my hair was so nice by the end, then since Oz was 3 months old I started to shed it... but I'm sure I'm shedding more than I should be. It's everywhere and constantly falling down my back, I said to OH better start keeping it so I can get a wig made when I'm bald!

mine is doing this too! it seems loads! it gets everywhere! if its going to happen though wish it would bloody make my leg hair fall out too! i hate shaving lol!

there is stuff you can get from holland and barrett that is fab!!! just go in and theyll advise but yes i lost more than i gained and my hair was super fine after but i got tabs from H&B and they DEFO helped!! its very frustrating because its scary more than anything xxx

there is stuff you can get from holland and barrett that is fab!!! just go in and theyll advise but yes i lost more than i gained and my hair was super fine after but i got tabs from H&B and they DEFO helped!! its very frustrating because its scary more than anything xxx

ooOOoo that's good to hear, going to get myself there tomorrow, my hair is thinning out so bad it's made me cry sometimes lol

If we have another baby I swear I will probably end up losing the lot aargh lol

Went to Holland & Barrett yesterday and asked what it was that helps reduce hair loss after pregnancy and it's called Agnus Castus. Works by rebalancing hormones, she said it also helps to increase milk supply (like I need any more lol) and apparently ppl TTC take it as it balances the hormones so well!!!

Fingers crossed I notice a difference soon as I think I'll be bald soon otherwise lol

No change so far, well not as much is falling out during the day, but when I washed it in the bath this morning there was still so much in the water when I drained the bath.

I think I'm expecting radical changes too soon lol

Impatient much?

Findlay is 21 weeks on Sunday, I've been suffering losing clumps of hair in the bath/shower, all over my bed and pillows, all over me when I brush my hair, all over the wee man's clothes and in his nappies,etc...Its quite scary. I've suffered this since Findlay was roughly about 3, 3 and a half months old...I was wondering what this is about too. I asked my hairdresser and she said it's normal after having a kid but my hair is thick naturally anyway, so not to worry too much as I'm not going to go bald anytime soon lol... I'm glad she isnt worrying ! x

Mine is loads better :yay: my hair doesn't seem as thin as it was either :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back