My fellow insomniacs

calphurnia7

Reaction score
Does anyone else struggle to get a full night's sleep. I wake up every hour on the hour and have done so even before pregnancy it just seems to be taking it out of me more now that I am pregnant. URggh also I work shifts between 9am to 8:30pm so I just can't establish stability.

Iv never been a good sleeper. It's hard going. And I know my pregnancy doesn't help... I always wake up thirsty, so I have a drink and about half an hour I'm bursting for the toilet. Vicious circle... And the further I got on the harder is it to get comfy.

It's been bad for me as I've got later in pregnancy, now every time I need to turn over, I have to get up to goo t bathroom - then thoughts and stuff I have to do pops into my head and I lie awake for a while and then the cycle repeats. I'm getting up 4/5 times a night at the moment and it's really frustrating, but also disturbs hubby too which isn't good as he has to get up early for work x

I suffer badly with sleep, have done for years. But I have M.E so that's the reason, its just exasperated during pregnancy x

I'm the same as Frankie - I had no problems sleeping until now! I use lots of pillows to get comfy but I'm up at least 4 times to use the toilet.

OMG, yeah the toilet breaks, I am so tired of going to the the bathroom I should decorate the walls hehehe. I am so sorry you haev ME Jayjay that must be 10 times worse than insomnia :(, I just feel like I am out of it at work. I have till the end of August then hopefulyl 2 and a half weeks till baby boy comes but then I assume the insomnia will just get worse as I don't get any sleep with the baby.

I was on sleeping meds before I found out I was pregnant, so right from the start of pregnancy I have had hardly any sleep due to coming off them. Now similar to you ladies I keep waking up needing a wee, or just uncomfy.
I used to moan at OH for having the window open and the fan on because I was cold, now im always to hot!

Luckily being on Mat leave now means I can have a nap in the afternoons! :)

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

I don't have too much problem sleeping, although I seem to be getting heart burn alot more during the night and that keeps me awake x

I used to sleep quite well but for the last month or so I've been getting about 3 or 4 hours a night only, think its my body's way of preparing me, but its no fun. Thing is, come 8.30pm I'm shattered and could really do with a nap so I take myself off to bed early and then lie there and lie there, its soooo frustrating. Oh well, at least I'll be used to lack of sleep I suppose.

Happy Friday everyone ! xx

I can't sleep with a duvet any more, I'm far too hot! We end up with the duvet in a pile in the middle of the bed, as I push my covers off and OH eventually does the same - We may aswell sleep in single beds!! Lol!! I've started using my triangle pillow, so often find myself hugging it with it just between my legs. And I used to hate sleeping without any covers!! x

I never had any problems sleeping pre-pregnancy.. Now it's a nightmare!
I'm up every hour of the night for the loo + get so hot and bothered..
I think it's just our bodies preparing us for what's to come! :shock: hahaha xx

Well Atleast I know I am not alone hehee :), unfortunately I had a nightmare lastnight and it stressed the baby out, he's very quiet now but right afterwards he was kicking me like crazy :(

I haven't slept well since pregnancy either Hun, I tend to wake in the middle of the night, need the loo and then lay there tossing and turning thinking about stuff. It's horrible but strangely i haven't found I've been too tired during the day!
It def must be our bodies preparing us for what's to come! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back