My Doppler came today!!

Sophie1102

Reaction score
I bought it from ebay and it came today, had to go pick it up from the post office, cos I was at work this morning!!

Anyway i've had a go and all I can hear is the placenta with my own heartbeat.

Has anyone else heard the babys heartbeat at nearly 11 weeks???

I got my doppler at 12 weeks and my OH found the heartbeat straight away, when i had a go the next day i couldnt find it :shock: then OH gets home and does it and finds it straight away :rotfl:

Ive got it to a "T" now and listen every day. You probably know this already biut for all the other mums to be that havnt got their doppler yet, squirt the gel on the left hand side of your tummy just above the bikini line and take it from there.

Dont panic if you dont find it straight away, you probably have a shy baby :lol:

Tiggy xx

Thank you, I put the gell all over from below my bell button to my bikini line!!!

What side do you normally hear yours at and is it really a lot faster then your own heatbeat?? :)

:shock: try not to use to much gel, you really only need a 50p size (mind you, like you I spread gel all over my tummy to start with) once you get the hang of it you know exactly where to put gel and how much.

Only put a small bit of gel on the left hand side of your tummy (far left to middle) but below the belly button and just above the bikini line (literaly) might take you a couple of goes but you will feel great when you finally hear it.

My babys heart rate is between 140bpm to 148bpm depending on how active he is. If you hear a really slow heartbeat then that is your heartbeat and when you hear a really really fast hearbeat that is your lil baby :D :D

Good luck and let me know how you get on hun.

T xxx

Just take your time and keep searching. Have a really cold drink and jump up and down hehe

I think I was just short of 12 weeks when I heard my lo's heartbeat for the first time.

I had to use quite a lot of gel until I got used to it to.

Most of the time in the first few weeks I found his heartbeat very low down at bikni level and slightly off towards the left side. I was actually very surprised how low I had to go to find it.

Have fun with your doppler. xxx

Thanks for all your tips, i've had another go and tried really low to the left and heard the babys heartbeat, it wasn't very loud then the baby must have moved cos it went again!!! Gonna try and fill my bladder I have read that this helps in early pregnancy,

also read that you hear the heartbeat through the babys back, so it needs to be with it's back up towards me!!!

Glad I heard it even if it was only for a few seconds!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back