BIT DISAPPOINTED WITH MY DOPPLER :(

kayzee

Reaction score
Hi ladies :wave:

My doppler arrived today and i was well excited couldnt wait to try it :cheer:

But try as i might i dont think i could find bubbas heartbeat :( , I had it just above my pubic bone and moved slowly from left to right, plenty of gel etc but try as i might i dont think i got it :(

I could hear my pulse and could easily hear the placenta whooshing away ( it was very clear) but i still couldnt hear bubs, at one point i thought i had it for a second then it disappeared but never heard it again after that, so why couldnt i hear it :evil: :( :(

Maybe its cos im carrying extra poundage or like tia its hiding behind the whooshing placenta, its just that i heard of ladies less weeks than me finding it and i just expected to hear it loud and clear :( :( I make me 12 weeks today but at last scan at 8 weeks the hospital said 7 plus 2 so maybe its still a little early to hear?

Help!!!!! someone please put my mind at rest i dont know whether to worry or not :( :( :(

Aww hun i wouldnt worry. Im absolutely rubbish and can never find the heart but my OH can find it straight away... Im sure you'll find it soon enough xxxxx

Hi

I cant find it either!

I bought one with a display to show the heart rate so that i knew whether i was getting the heart beat or not. I keep finding what sounds like a heatbeat but it doesn't come up on the display so i guess it cant be. Its starting to get on my nerves now so i dont think i'm going to try again for a while. DH thinks its a load of rubbish!

Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone!! :D It does make you feel disappointed when you read other people have found it at 9 weeks etc though.

Michelle x

Thanks shellbham i was worrying about it but can hear something its just not very clear, thanks for replying it does help put my mind at ease a little thankyou :hug: :hug:

I got mine today through the post but I'm putting off using it cos I know I'll be disappointed/scared if I don't hear anything.

I think it's luck a bit - like whereabouts the baby is and if he/she is tucked away somewhere. On the internet mine said it can be used from 10-12 weeks, but on the pack it say from 12 weeks, so it is probably still a bit early to hear.

Try not to worry hun and try again in a few days time :hug:

I wouldnt worry one bit I couldnt hear my son properly until I was 14 weeks - I would advise you to try in a weeks time and you will find it no hassle :hug:

I wouldnt worry at all, I couldnt find mine until I was 16 weeks + even MW couldnt get it. As others have said depends way baby is lying etc :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: dont worry honey - I couldnt hear mine until about 14 weeks and I was worried too as everyone else seemed to be able to find theirs..... It is really low down to begin with - I used to push the probe almost under the bone - you will hear it soon just dont stress yourself :hug: :hug: :hug:

PS my DH hated it early on as he said it just sounded like a windy day on Dartmoor! :D

Dont be disheartened you will find it. The first time it may take you hours to find it, you need to go really slowly, as low as you can go and then work your way up slowly you may even find it helps if you lay on you back and raise your knees keeping your feet on the floor/bed.
I had a LCD one and this should help you find it easier as the numbers will change, dont giv up as its the best sound in the world once you know where you little one is.
Remember theres only a very little heart at the moment so some may not find it until 12 weeks onwards.
Good Luck girls and keep trying.
:hug:

shellbham said:
Hi

I keep finding what sounds like a heatbeat but it doesn't come up on the display so i guess it cant be

Just move it around that area very slowly and also angle your probe if you need to and push it into your lower pubic area.
Good Luck

Baby is only about 5cms at this point. So the heart is tiny. Its the old needle in a haystack thing.

Don't fret overly about it. It can be really hard to find so early. Most MW's dont even try before 16 weeks.

I'd leave it a couple of weeks then try again. Keep low down near the pelvic bone and move it very slowly. If you are hearing the placenta whooshing thats always a good sign :)

Don't worry hunny, you'll pick it up soon enough. I was listening to my OWN heartbeat for about 2weeks after i got my doppler :roll: :lol:

Sherlock said:
Don't fret overly about it. It can be really hard to find so early. Most MW's dont even try before 16 weeks.

This is exactly what I was going to say.. my MW only tried at my 16week check! They dont before then so as not to worry mummy if they cant find it!!

Hi Kayzee

Well, I decided to try with our new one yesterday and followed Jollypop's advice late last night, though I wasn't holding out much hope...

We spent ages moving it slowly along the top of my hair line/pubic bone, but all I could find was what I assumed to be the placenta (like a wooshy noise in time with my own heartbeat), slightly to the right. After about half an hour of feeling around we gave up, figuring it was just too early, but were pleased to have heard something at least. I washed the gel off and OH went downstairs to lock up - then I had another sneaky go on my own, and I found it!!!

I had played around with the angle I was holding it at this time, by rotating my wrist slowly as I moved the doppler along the top of my hair line and it was only when I did this (v v slowly) I came across a really fast beating, slightly to the left of centre. I really had to keep my hand still and at the same tilted angle - I listened for a couple of minutes, then moved a bit and lost it and it took ages to find again. The second time I lost it I couldn't find it again, so i gave up - it really is hit and miss, so don't worry too much!!!

I'm sure you'll find it soon, keep trying, K x

Sherlock said:
Baby is only about 5cms at this point. So the heart is tiny. Its the old needle in a haystack thing.

I'd leave it a couple of weeks then try again. Keep low down near the pelvic bone and move it very slowly. If you are hearing the placenta whooshing thats always a good sign :)

I would agree here, when i went for my 12 week scan i was actually 13.5 weeks and the midwife told me she wouldnt try and hear the heartbeat as its very tricky to find at this stage and she wouldn't wish to worry me! I'm sure they have more powerful equipment too like the sonic aid- so i would leave it a bit try not to stress yourself about it as Sherlock said baby is very small and they can move about loads and face your back or anything!!

kaybee said:
Hi Kayzee

Well, I decided to try with our new one yesterday and followed Jollypop's advice late last night, though I wasn't holding out much hope...

We spent ages moving it slowly along the top of my hair line/pubic bone, but all I could find was what I assumed to be the placenta (like a wooshy noise in time with my own heartbeat), slightly to the right. After about half an hour of feeling around we gave up, figuring it was just too early, but were pleased to have heard something at least. I washed the gel off and OH went downstairs to lock up - then I had another sneaky go on my own, and I found it!!!

I had played around with the angle I was holding it at this time, by rotating my wrist slowly as I moved the doppler along the top of my hair line and it was only when I did this (v v slowly) I came across a really fast beating, slightly to the left of centre. I really had to keep my hand still and at the same tilted angle - I listened for a couple of minutes, then moved a bit and lost it and it took ages to find again. The second time I lost it I couldn't find it again, so i gave up - it really is hit and miss, so don't worry too much!!!

I'm sure you'll find it soon, keep trying, K x

:cheer: :cheer: Glad you found it, with time and practice it will get easier! promise

xx

Ive been looking at them on ebay as i would really like one, does anyone know which are better than others??

KirstyD said:
Im a bit concerned about the whole Doppler thing and have decided not to buy one after reading this review:

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Baby-Heart-Do ... 0002364462

I just think it could cause unecessary worry, as you have demostrated by this post and so i'm going to leave it to the professionals.

Thanks for your replies ladies it ismuch appreciated :hug: :hug:

Kirsty that article is fab thanks for posting the link it certainly made me feel a lot less worried and the article fully explains why :hug:

On another note i did try again this morning and i did hear it for about 20 seconds but when i pressed down a bit to hear it clearer it disappeared, it was deffo the heartbeat as it was very clear and very fast all be it very faint but was certainly there. :cheer: Think im going to leave it alone now as if i cant find it again i will get paranoid, i only have to wait till monday for my dating scan so will see bubba for real then :cheer: :cheer: :hug:

Once again thankyou ladies youve helped alot :hug: :hug: xx

i'm getting the angelsounds doppler and luckkily my mum used to be a midwife so if i can't find the heart beat Mum will have a go and see if she can find it for me :D
generaly you won't find the hb till after 12weeks your self some people are just luckky to find it themselfs early but it dosn't matter if you can't hear it with your own doppler your mw will more then likely find it easily as they are trained :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back