• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

my cat- can she tell?

isobel84

Reaction score
my maarley knew somethings been going on from the beggining as first trim she started lay on my tummy, second trim she started laying underneath my duvet now n again but last week shes not left my side! if i lay down on sofa she lays on my hip or legs, if i sit she lays on my tummy with her face up on mine pushing her face against mine and if im in bed and OH is not here shes under my duvet or on top of me. If shes sleeping she drags herself up to follow me to toilet, sittin on the bath tub and so on..
can she sense something is gonna happend soon as she is suddenly VERY clingy?

They do say dogs and cats are very tuned in to their owners and their feelings/health conditions.... my cat was very sooky to me when i was expecting ym son, and my mums dog used to try and sit on my lap (the mut usually hates me lol)

then again, the cat might be feeling a bit icky, so worth keeping an eye on him/her

My cat is clingy anyway though he's usually begging to go out at 9pm and won't cone home until 7am but lately he's not bothered going out (even when the weathers nice) and if he does go out he's back in half an hour! So unlike him to pick curling up with me in bed to going out at night!

When I was pregnant with lace, I had a cat who would never go near me or anyone but during tri 3 she wouldn't leave me alone and she started sleeping on my bed next to my bump at night! As soon as lace was born though she didn't wanna know but then my dog got very clingy and wouldn't leave laceys side!! She's still quite protective of lace now!! This time though mums dogs and cats haven't cared less!! Lol

Icky means sick/poorly x

oh no shes not ill bless her.
Im having her done next friday and i feel so guilty to give her up to the vet for the day thinking she will hate me forever! but she need to be done as when she gets horny she gets agressive.
Shes layin on my tummy now, im sure she can tell something its about to happend. she dont even care when Noa kicks her, before she would always move away..
I read on internet that cats can smell stuff we cant and they might smell something diferent on you when your closer to pop ( it said TMI but that you discharge might change when you are closer to give birth and that we wouldnt nessesary pic it up but the cat could tell the diference?)

My cat is clingy anyway though he's usually begging to go out at 9pm and won't cone home until 7am but lately he's not bothered going out (even when the weathers nice) and if he does go out he's back in half an hour! So unlike him to pick curling up with me in bed to going out at night!

i read on internet about a woman, her cat did the same and then one night her cat layed next to her head something she never did before and 12 hours later this woman went in to labour.. and everytime this woman had a contraction the cat stroke herself against the woman :cloud9:

When I was pregnant with lace, I had a cat who would never go near me or anyone but during tri 3 she wouldn't leave me alone and she started sleeping on my bed next to my bump at night! As soon as lace was born though she didn't wanna know but then my dog got very clingy and wouldn't leave laceys side!! She's still quite protective of lace now!! This time though mums dogs and cats haven't cared less!! Lol

i think dogs are more likely to take to the baby and be protective while the cat will most prob be a little jelous :shakehead:
im gonna try n let marley be around Noa alot but only supervised, but i think OH will be overprotective and not let her close atall. I think restriction might make it worse tho..

My dogs have both been very very clingy since I got pregnant lol. The female more so than the male haha. But now the male has been following me everywhere aswell. XD He's always been quite attatched to me, as he's my dog and the female is my brother's dog. But recently he's become very protective. Like when I was in pain the other day, little man was all on one side and seemed to be pressing on a nerve or something, my dog was stuck to me and would NOT leave my side. He's usually like that when I'm sick lol.

HOWEVER... ahah. When the baby comes I really don't know how he will react. He's a VERY jealous dog lol. He budges the other one out of the way if I give her some attention lol. He really likes to be the centre of attention. I'm really hoping he'll take well to the baby... he'll have to get used to him haha.

Bless your cat, when I lived at my Mum and Dads the dogs put their heads on my bump the day before Jacob was born :love:

Omg I thought it was just my cat being weird lol she follows me everywhere and keeps meowing at me last night and today and staring and closing both her eyes and trying to hug up to me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can she sense something is gonna happend soon as she is suddenly VERY clingy?

So no dropped bump, no show and no BH but the cat says something's up? Love it!

Hope all goes well for you.

Lxx

Just been up my mum and dads house who have 3 dogs and 2 cats who don't normally bother with anyone!! Well as soon as I sat down all 3 dogs sat around me either on the sofa or by my feet then the 2 cats came over and sat next to me! My dad was amazed as the cats don't go near him let alone anyone else!! A sign maybe?!!

Hahaa don't worry hun, he's not coming yet!! I still think he'll be late! Been feeling so crap today so the animals were prob trying to cheer me up! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back