my boobs are leaking

Hemera

Reaction score
I've notices the last few days that theres been fluff stuck on my nipples so I had an investigate last night and when I give my boobs/nipples a little squeeze a small amount of liquid comes out! Can it be milk already? its really not a large amount but its surprising as I'm only just over half way through.

yeh chickit is my mum started leaking at 18weeks! ive noticed fluff and white stuff on mine but haven't squeezed them yet. Exciting stuff :) x

Mine started leaking at 18weeks hunny, i was suprised and posted on here but its perfectly normal hunny, everyone is different x x

Thank god. I squeezed mine yesterday because they started to really hurt! A bit of liquid came out so I am assumeing it milk. It was quite clear so Could it be something else. ?? xxx

Many mothers begin to leak colostrum (sometimes called premilk) while they're pregnant, typically sometime in the third trimester. Other expectant moms don't. Either way, it's normal. You might want to wear nursing pads in your bra to protect your clothes if you're leaking. You can buy these at most drugstores.

Last edited:
Its not actually milk its colostrum hunny, your milk wont come in till about 2 weeks after baby is born, just dont squeeze them as it can cause them to hurt more x x

I learnt from the first time round not to squueze them as they felt like some one got sand paper and rubbed them for a while. Sorry to sound so graphical but that is how it felt.

x

yeah what i'm having is the clear stuff - sounds like the pre-milk. On a slightly related note does anyone know how long breast milk will last once its out of the body. just thinking in advance if i want to stock pile some so i can have a sneeky drink once he's out.

In a fridge below 4 degrees 5 days, above 4 degrees 3 days (never put it in the door of a fridge). Ice compartment of fridge 2 weeks, in a freezer (-18 degrees) up to 6 months. You can get sterile bags from tesco (etc) for storing the breast milk, you just write on the date and how much is in it and chuck it in the freezer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back