greedy guts

prettypenguin

Reaction score
Yesterday as well as his milk Charlie had porridge, a lunch baby food and one about an hour before bed...he also had 5oz extra which I made in case he wanted some after his bath, so that was a 5th bottle of the day, exceeding his usual 4...anyway, didn't expect him to sleep through as he wakes for a feed still, but more expected him to be full up and just wake for his dummy...nope! Woke up at around 2 or 3 and drank 7oz!!! And just had 3 oz then. I can't believe it...I started giving him solids as he would wake up for a feed at 11ish, which is fine but then he started waking up around 3 or 4 for another feed, thought he'd be full after yesterday with the extra feed and baby foods, clearly not! He had more than me yesterday near enough! Any advice? I don't wanna give him too much food in case he gets constipated, and he wont really take mote milk...he usually leaves around 2 or 3 oz from his 7/8 oz bottle x

How old is he? Could it be a growth spurt? Xx
You could try increase his food by a little each day so his body gets used too it, offer things like bananas to keep things moving. With weaning I think they are meant to stay on the same milk amount and just take solids as extra xx

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Mummy to Joshua 23-01-10 &
Dylan 03-02-2012 <3 xx

I read that sometimes new foods can keep them awake and the whole sleeping thing is a total myth, and you shouldn't give food to make them sleep. It could just be a growth spurt, i think Kynons going through one just now and they are roughly the same age, he went from 4 night feeds to 6-7 this week but dropped back to 4 last night. You should def ensure milk is still his main source of nutrition, food is just a little introduction at this age and doesn't begin to take over until about 9-10 months

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back