my appointment got cancelled :o(

claireyfairey

Reaction score
Was supposed to be seeing midwife this afternoon and got a phonecall from the surgery saying that my appointment has been cancelled :( Don't know why but I feel really tearful about it....was sort of looking forward to going and now I won't be seen til 11th August :( I'll be bloody 34 weeks by then :shock:

Poo day :cry:

Poor Claire,

Have lots of :hug: :hug: :hug:

Stupid NHS buggers.........

You could always call the surgery and say you don't see why you should miss your 31 week appointment because of their staffing issues......I'm seeing my GP tomorrow for my 31 week one as middy is not available....

They should offer you an alternative before 34 weeks and you really should have BP and Wee done as standard anyway at 31 weeks....

Call em up and give them stick...... :evil:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

C xxx

Oh my god, can't beleive they're not going to offer you anything sooner?! Could you ask to be seen?

LOL - just noticed your my due date buddy!!!

Yay!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grrr I feel for you :hug: It's not nice when you're all set for an appt and it gets postponed by that long :hug: xx

:( I would ring them and ask for your 31 week appointment at the next available opportunity so you don't miss out hun :hug:

Thanks for the kind responses girls :hug:

I did ask if I couldn't be seen earlier but the midwife is fully booked until 11th August. I think she's only in 2 days a week anyway so that's why getting an appointment with her is like gold dust!

I worked it out wrong before, I'll be 33 weeks then. But even so :wall: I was silly to get so upset about it but I'm just so fed up and bored....I was really looking forward to going out of the house - I straightened my hair and I even put some make-up on! So was really disappointed and have been moping around since :(

Oh well. Such is life eh! Just hope little'un's doing okay in there :wink:

Oh and Cleo, I noticed we had the same due date in your other thread! The race is on missy :moon:

C xxx

That's pants. I had my 28 week appointment yesterday and at the end the midwife says 'right, I'll see you again in 6 weeks.....you'll be 34 weeks by then' :shock: :shock: I replied with no way love... I'll see you before that so I managed to get a 31 week appointment in with her.

Apparently she said something about if it's your 2nd baby you shouldn't need an appointment at 31 weeks even though this is my first!!

If you can't get in with the MW I would ask if you can see your GP just to have your BP and urine checked at least.

Hope you can get it
:hug: :hug:

Oh no how irritating!

Hmmm not very good they have to postpone for so long... isnt there another middy you could see??

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back