Midwife cancelled appointment

Hazel

Reaction score
I knew it, couldn't fit me in at surgery so midwife booked me an appoitment for a home visit for today and I knew it would get cancelled. Even put in my post 2 weeks ago that she would be a no show.

My usual one has retired, her replacement is on holiday and her replacement is off sick so I have no midwife to call :wall: (lucky I'm feeling OK).

Someone called to say it was cancelled and I asked when I would see her and she said she didn't know :shock: , she then asked how many weeks I am so told her 39 on Friday and TOLD her I will need to see someone this week so she assured me I will see someone by Friday.

How often should I be seeing mw at this stage?

Isn't it awful how short staffed NHS are, the mw are usually pretty good if you can get an appointment.

Usually either every week or every other week. Depends on you really. If you want weekly then have them. I personaly couldn't be arsed and MW and I both agreed that once a fortnight was fine (and I was due a homebirth). I was feeling fine, BP and urine had always been good through pregnancy and I had no other complaints. If I needed to see her for some reason outside of this I could phone and ask or failing that go see my GP.

I was going to the hospital every week at your stage. It was a long trip but I prefered the midwifes at the clinic to the midwifes at my doctors.

My midwife also cancels home visits often, so now when she offers to come to me i always make sure i say i will go to her.
Mine cancelled at 39 weeks so i saw her again at 40+1 and then again tomorrow at 41+1.

I don't feel the NEED to see her as feel fine and would prefer to be left alone anyway but I think fortnightly to check on bp and urine is necessary.

I said I will go to them if it's easier. I will want to see someone at 40 weeks though so going to ring docs and see next appointment available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back