My 1st midwife appointment tomorrow! any advice

saffydreamer

Reaction score
hey ladies
i have my 1st midwife appointment, does anyone have any advice?
what will happen? do i need to take anything with me, do i need my oh medical details, will she examine me, or feel the tummy?
ooo its scary but exciting :)

I had my one yesterday and she did bugger all!

Can't wait till my actual booking appointment so it feels a little bit more real!!

I had my first visit from the midwife today. She asked a lot of questions, took my blood pressure, did a wee wee sample, booked my 12 week scan, gave me a very interesting pregnancy book, loads of leaflets, a free milk form (for me not the baby.) Gave me my maternity record book which she said I have to carry around with me, gave me a bounty pack folder with a form which you take to boots and get loads of free stuff!
I found her very helpful and you can ask her anything about your worries and fears.

Take a wee sample - they check for glucose and some other things I forget - although they don't do a pregnancy test!. My appointment took about an hour and she ran through medical history and whether we wanted the downs screening. she should have taken my booking in bloods but she wasn't told about the appointment so she was late and didn't have time - they took these when I had the scan instead. She didn't examine me - just took blood pressure and asked what my weight was. We also went through my dates. she also asked about birthing preferences but I hadn't wanted to get too ahead of myself before the scan and hadn't given them any thought. Make a list of any queries/concerns or just things you want to talk through with her - I would have forgoten everything if i hadn't written it down. We were sent a load of info in the post before the appmt - my notes and leaflets on breastfeeding and scans and tests, so if you haven't had these, I expect you will get them at the appointment.

All the best

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back