MW appointment at 11 weeks!!

TanyaJ

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, apologies if this is a random question but this is all very new to me:) I found out I was pregnant at around 5 weeks, called the doctors and was told that I needed to see the doctor before booking in to see the mw.

That took another 2 weeks due to lack of appointments, it now seems there are no mw appts till 21 August which is when I am booked in. I will then be just gone 11 weeks. Is this not a little late??? Will they have pre-booked me in for my 12 weeks scan??

Being an older mum to be (39) I was hoping I may get to see mw earlier - she was quite laid back about it all when she called and said that the first scan could be up to 14 weeks...

I am sure it is not a problem, maybe I should just go with the flow and not worry to much..

xx

21st August that is a long way ahead, is that the closest date they can get you? Seems a long wait
As for seeing the midwife they like to see you generally between 8-10 weeks preggers, I saw mine at 9 weeks and I will be 12+4 when I have my dating scan

Congrats on the pregnancy btw :)

Hi Tanya, congrats on the pregnancy :D

I'm 10 weeks today and only just had my booking appt with MW today. I didn't realise it was quite late until loads of people told me they had theirs at like 6 weeks!

No need to worry, they should just make your scan a bit quicker (because it has to be between 11-14 weeks. That's what my MW said to me anyway!).

Thanks for the reassurance, I really have no idea what to expect. We have not told anyone yet as I had a mc earlier this year and just want to get the scan out of the way so have no-one to ask.

Congratulations to all you lovely ladies as well - this is a great site, I feel I maybe on here most days asking many questions :) I no longer feel so in the dark or on my todd!!!

Yes totally understand, my sister had mc earlier in the year and she's just had her scan and is now happy to tell people.

Yes this site is awesome. I come on it nearly every day (particularly when I'm at work!). No question is too silly and everyone is so helpful and welcome to give advice or just be here to support.

Nice to meet you :) x

Hi TanyaJ Nice to meet you. It does seem a little late - 11 weeks, a week or two earlier would be good so that you could get your scan around the 12 weeks.

With my last pregnancy I waited until week 9 to even contact the doctor as I knew nothing could really be done to help me before then. She organised my scan that day for bang on the 12 week mark. Unfortunately I did not make that scan, mc at 10+ weeks.

You could talk to them again and ask if there is any chance of your appt being brought forward because of the stress being caused because of previous mc. If you don't ask you don't get (the receptionists would probably call it being a pain)

Look forward to chatting to you more xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back