Drinking before Scan

BubbleOne

Reaction score
Hi all!!
I have my 12week scan in just over a week. My letter says that I should drink at least a pint of water or squash an hour before my scan. Thing is my scan is early in the morning and I normally wake up feeling a bit ill and I know there is no way I will be able to hold down a pint of fluid at 8am in the morning!!
Is it absolutely necessary to drink before hand?
Any advice would be great xx
Thanks guys xxx

Hiya

Im afraid if you dont drink enough they might not be able to see your baby very well, so the more you drink making your bladder full the better it is. Although it is possible to have an internal scan (no harm to the baby) and for this you have to empty your bladder.

Hope this helps

Ragna xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya

There should be a water fountain at the hospital too, so try drinking a glass o two at home then top up while you're there.... rememeber you may have a little (or a long) wait when you get there so you don't want to drink so much you need the loo as soon as you get there!

have fun!

have your tried really icy cold water?? it helps drinking it when queezy!

Like the others say. it's definitly a good idea to try and drink as much as you can. You don't however have to drink it all at the same time, if you can sip enough in the time leading up to the scan without going to the toilet you could try that.

Good luck, it's not the easiest thing to do but the rewards are worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back