muslim boynames?

isobel84

Reaction score
Right we got the girl name all figured out but everytime we talk boy name we end up arguing. For him its really important its a muslim name, i dont mind as long as i like it. But he has given 1 suggestion his dads name, i dont even know his dads name as i cant prenounce it.. SO NO WAY.

Its really annoying that he dont wanna meet me half way on it.
Fair enough i got to choose the name for if its a girl but i cant give him that back.
So is there anyone here that knows any nice boy muslim names?

So far I got Cori, and from the profets- Ilias, Yousef, Isaac

but i want a few suggestions so hopefully he will agree to 1 of them :wall2:

Here's some names of boys I was at school with;
Tariq, Saquid, Qumar, Ahmad, Nassar, Ali, Irfan, Asa, Mohammed, Sunil.

Hurt my brain remembering that! Lol x sometimes I forget my own name! Lol x

I like Ali

I work witih a fella called Shaf - dunno if its a muslim name but he is one so I'm guessing so.

Good luck x

Just been looking through a name book I have and it has a whole section on Muslim names so here goes;
Abdullah, Abed, Ahsan, Alam, Amzad, Aslan, Faiz, Fazil, Hassan, Hussain, Ibrahim, Iqbal, Izmet, Kamal, Ossama, Qasim, Rafi, Raza, Selim, Taj, Tazim, Yasim, Yasir, Zafar, Zahid x x x hope these help x

my ex husband was hassan its the only one i know i struggled finding a buhdist middle name for my dd because my ex wanted it hope you find the perfect name x

Just been looking through a name book I have and it has a whole section on Muslim names so here goes;
Abdullah, Abed, Ahsan, Alam, Amzad, Aslan, Faiz, Fazil, Hassan, Hussain, Ibrahim, Iqbal, Izmet, Kamal, Ossama, Qasim, Rafi, Raza, Selim, Taj, Tazim, Yasim, Yasir, Zafar, Zahid x x x hope these help x

Rafi's a nice name.

ARGH why does he have to be so stubborn! His Uncle is Edi and i like that but dont know as its on his mums side of the family it will prob not be good enough.. LETS HOPE FOR A GIRL

What about these , there are some suprising ones -
Aijaz (Blessing)
Dean (Religon)
Haider or Haydar (lion)
Hanai (of Happiness)
Jamal (beauty)
Kadeen, Kadin (Friend, companion, confidant )
Khayri (Charitable)
Kinza (Hidden Treasure)
Mika (Cool, sweet, intelligent. )
Raif (Merciful, gentle)
Raihan (Heavens' Flower.)
Riaz (Garden, devotion)
Tobias (Born with a Star)
Zain or Zayn (Friend, beloved or beauty)

Also, there is Fahim and Nabil. :) Put all the names in a hat and get him to pick one out!

xx

I like loads of those names, I have a friend called Farook and also Nurin- but I guess you can't really identify with them unless you know the person if you know what I mean? :)

yeah well so far i got on my list
ilias
Edi
yoseph
isaac
zain
adan
aydan
samih
kori

Thanks for all your help so far.. im not bringing it up tho until i have had my 20 week scan so no arguments unless its a boy

my oh is muslim and im not we had a boy and it took us ages to pick a name that was a english name but with a muslim name to! we found one and its very different ive never hard any 1 called it but we love it!

jaccob and noah are muslim names so issacc but be careful they dont pronaouce it like we do!

theres loads of goood books with modern muslim names in!x

I love noah! What did you end up calling your boy?

I think kamran is Muslim and can sound like cameron as in English prionunciation good luckx

Sorry, have only just read this post! My friend was in the same situation with her husband, she had a girl first time around which she named, bt then a boy next time and they named him Malik (she says it means angel) which I really like.x

hiya, im married to a muslim called shaf. im 37weeks 2mrw and dont know whta the sex is, for a girl we have aaliyah farah sophia. and for a boy we have deen danyal adam. so all we have to do is choose one from each list. im thinking danyal and farah tho. hope u choose xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back