Music

abcd1234

Reaction score
Just wondering when, if ever, you'd think about playing music to the baby?? i didnt really think about it much unitl OH's drunken comment abotu playing him soem heavy metal, and i read somewhere i should start playing music now, even though that seems awfully early?? Whats your take on the whole playing music thing?
Clare x

Apparently hearing is in place by about 23/24 weeks. Until then won't be much use. Can distinguish between light and dark before hearing.

I'd wait a while yet before you start with music.

But yes, I think its a good idea. Only I'd go with something a little less aggressive and loud than heavy metal. Might upset the eardrums as we don't know how sensitive to such loud sounds Baby is. I'd not want to stress them with a loud amount of noise. I'd go for more soothing and encouraging music :)

i will definately play him/her music

i also want music played at the birth

I don't play music especially to mine, it just hears whatever I'm hearing.
James ended up listening to a lot of Eminem though as I lived with my parents in the last tri of my pregnancy with him and my brother used to play it constantly! Luckily I quite like his music myself so I didn't mind.
Baby goes nuts when OH plays his rubbish dance music too loud in the car, as do I!

I ometimes put my ipod earphones to my tummy. The baby doesn't seem to do anything to boring songs (Snow Patrol etc) but he/she does like to have a little kick about to The Hoosiers and The Fratellis :D

muppetmummy said:
Baby goes nuts when OH plays his rubbish dance music too loud in the car, as do I!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I play music all day everyday, but I dont think bubs has a preference yet. Apparently its Classical that babies like I think :think: I sing to my little one all the time - poor child :lol:

abcd1234 said:
Just wondering when, if ever, you'd think about playing music to the baby?? i didnt really think about it much unitl OH's drunken comment about playing him soem heavy metal, and i read somewhere i should start playing music now, even though that seems awfully early?? Whats your take on the whole playing music thing?
Clare x
Oh my god i have been thinking the same thing too
And i was going to post the same thread when i got back from work
Asking what music everyone likes and if they wil play classical to baby bump
They say to play classical HATE IT and heavy metal is the flipside to it
My James is a heavy metal man (dont worry girl he wears jeans not black cloaks) :rotfl:
UUURGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH i cant stand his taste in music but ive learnt to tolorate and blank out most of it but the really heavy stuff well NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GET IT OFF NOW.
James recons i should start playing his heavy metal c*** to the baby. NO NO NO WAY. :puke: I am not going to put myself through such torture.
No matter what the so called experts say about brain development
:shakehead:

I don't play anything specifically but listen to the radio a lot so baby hears what I hear

Oooo seems I have different tastes then LOL

I absolutely love Rock and Metal music whereas my sister adores, you know, that dancey c*** :rotfl: I listen to hers though occasionally and she even likes System of a Down now and again :lol: Although it is a little different from her usual Paul Van Dyke (sp)

In fact my 4 year old daughter is the youngest ever Korn fan :moon:

I love my music loud too :D When my mum was pregnant with me she used to play loud Rock music to me all the time... and then when I was born I slept though anything and everything :)

andreaaa said:
Oooo seems I have different tastes then LOL

I absolutely love Rock and Metal music whereas my sister adores, you know, that dancey c*** :rotfl: I listen to hers though occasionally and she even likes System of a Down now and again :lol: Although it is a little different from her usual Paul Van Dyke (sp)

In fact my 4 year old daughter is the youngest ever Korn fan

OH NO :rotfl:
Bullet for a valentine, My dying bride, System of a down,Korn
Primorodial ect ect all in James huge collection of metal heven.
I :pray: My boy does not like it to or my life will be hell :x :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back