Mums of twins help

violet13

Reaction score
So we think twins I'm 12 weeks and have a huge bump I had a reassurence scan and only one was detected but I have lots of movement that's seen through the bump and felt as well as even worse emotional issues...seriously could it be? Xxx

When was the reassurance scan? There's a chance only one twin would show up if it was before 7 weeks (we almost didn't see one of our twins at our first scan between 6/7 weeks). Visible movement through the bump at this stage is impossible though, so I'd disregard that.

I was massive at 12 weeks too but only one in there. Its your second so you will be bigger :)

I agree with Eryinera, I'm so much bigger with my second than I was with my first. I was in maternity trousers at 5 weeks! x

I agree, my bump popped from very early on and only one baby. I would have thought movement from the outside would be impossible at this stage, even with twins, they are still so tiny. I think around 6cm x

Last edited:
THank you I was 5 weeks when I had a resurgence scan. I told people that but feel movement one side and then place my hand and feel more on the opposite side of my bump. It's very odd and I am horrific emotion wise xxx

Bump moving maybe a muscle spasm? I think it could be a spasm personally but hubby freaked me out haha xxx

Ah at 5 weeks I'm surprised they even saw the one! When's your next scan? You never know, twin pregnancies do mean higher hormone levels and usually worse symptoms, but singleton pregnancies can have absolutely horrendous symptoms too! Hope you can find out soon anyway!

I found out I was having twins at 6/7 weeks but had no inkling whatsoever. It wasn't until about two weeks later that the horrible sickness and other symptoms kicked in! I remember waltzing into the 6/7 week scan feeling barely pregnant and then clutching a plastic bag at my next scan 2 weeks later! xx

I showed quite obviously at 12 weeks and only have one:). My first hospital admission for hypermesis was at 6+1 so singletons can defo have a lot of horrid symptoms too lol. There may be another hiding there though since your scan was at 5 weeks! Xx

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Yea I had a scan at 5 and 7 (also 10 and 13)
I was admitted to hospital at 6 or 7 weeks ish with hyperemesis and my hormone levels were crazy high they told me my hormones could indicate twins but nope just the one lol (I bloody hope lol my 20wk scan is today but I hope 4 different scans with 4 different people gave well and truly ruled out the twin prospect lol. Twins are scary! Lol )

Last edited:
Also another person with hyperemesis but one baby. I am thankful now that I didn't get pregnant with twins as I hate to think how much worse I would have been :shock:

Last edited:
Also another person with hyperemesis but one baby. I am thankful now that I didn't get pregnant with twins as I hate to think how much worse I would have been :shock:
Me too lisey! I have found this pregnancy so hard and it terrifies me to think there was 2 follicles that cycle. Xx

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Maybe it is just the one baby? I am rather big bump wise but my stomach muscles are damaged from a c section so could be because of that too xxx

Seems bad symptoms seems to be a girlie indicator lol.

Oh really? I've been having horrific symptoms haha bad sickness, severe food adversions and volatile moods yay this is fun also so spotty xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back