mums gone on a mad one

Manda&Thomas

Reaction score
she came very close to buying me a travel buggy with carseat and everything yest as it was cheap in macro's!!!
the women is made last time i was pg she brought loads i already have for this baby a cold water steriliser (i dont like the steam ones) loads of socks hats little outfits t-shirts bottles changing baby disposible nappies (even though the baby will be in clothes) loads of little sample things bedding for a cot and moses basket lol that just what she brought lastime i dread to think what shes going to get in the next few weeks.
its nice but i havent even had a scan yet and im sure its bad luck!!!
manda xx

mine started when i started ttc , then when it took so long she stopped lol now she is in fully feldge buying mode again ! ive got nappies coming out of my ears lol

That's really sweet of her :D I'm too chicken to buy anything until at least 6 months!

were starting to stock up now, we have buggy, car seat, moses basket, nappies (but i use cloth ones) first outfit for hospital. nanny is going to buy us lots of forumula to stock up :lol:

My Mum suggested we buy nappies already so its not so much of a shock to the bank balance when bambino finally arrives, so we went to 'familiarise' ourselves with the price :shock: how much?!!!!

Thankfully I'm the eldest of 6 so there's plenty of moses baskets, cots and prams floating around for us which Il be more than happy to have. Mum has been asking me for months " when are you going to hurry up and have some babies, I've seen so many things I want to buy you" Lol, she is over the moon now. Im not buying anything though 'til Im at least 5months.

It is a good idea stocking up on nappies whilst pregnant as they are so expensive! I'm sure we used to spend about £10 a week on nappies for James. We were so pleased when he was toilet trained because of all the money it would save :lol:

The only thing is you might try one brand and not get on with them, so maybe better to buy a mixture. I started James with Huggies but they leaked so switched to pampers.

I've known people who've switched to Huggies cos pampers leaked, maybe it depends on the shape of the baby?

When buying baby clothes buy 0-3 months rather than newborn. Most babies are only in newborn for a couple weeks, if they fit at all! :lol:

yeah i hated the amount we were spending on nappies, thats why we switched to cloth ones, never looked back, and alana seems to love them as she takes her clothes off now and runs around in just nappy

Bless her, she sounds sweet...it is nice to be prepared. I am keeping this pg ultra secret from my mum (and rest of family for that matter) because she too would be v.excited and buy oodles of things :roll:

I like the idea of starting to buy nappies now to spread the cost. I might just do that when I get to that magical 2nd tri :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

I have banned anyone from buying us anything until after our 20 week scan, but I know my Mum and Sis have been window shopping and mum confessed she has started knitting! :roll:

It is very tempting though...

One thing i found with the nappies as i stocked up before Isla was born was that i had too many of the small size and not enough of the sizes 2 and 3, i'd recommend buying no more than 3 or 4 packs of newborn ones then loads of size 2 and 3.

We dont have anything to buy this time... :(

Thats one good thing about having a big age gap. OH insisted we sell everything years ago so know I get to buy everything brand new :cheer: :cheer:

my mum is ultra cautious and not telling anyone she knows that i'm pg yet . My mum-in-law-to-be is opposite and keeps letting it slip in her excitement!

I'm resisting looking at or buying any baby things.....dont want to tempt fate...but i cant help telling everyone!

After my early scan we went to mothercare and my mum started saying do you like this? do you like this? and picking stuff up i was like what are you doing mum? im 7weeks 5 days pregnant! if you really want you can buy it some clothes for a xmas present after my 20 week scan but its to early! i think its sweet tho. everytime she goes shopping she says ive bought something for you!! i had my mum buying me maternity clothes at 9 weeks! lol bless her

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back