Mums friend told she was having a girl but...

I had to bounce around alittle til the cord moved as it was between bubs legs at the end of my scan, but after that the sonographer said there was a very clear view of his bits and they were right where they should be so I trust her judgement . But the cord being where it was could have been misleading , lol xx

AHH im nervous now! I had a trainee sonographer at my scan and she didnt sound sure at all. She got a more experienced woman in and she said 'no doubt about it, its a boy'. But surely if it was that obvious, the other woman would know?! I think Im going to have to look into 4d scans now!
I'd be happy with either but wouldnt be impressed with the extra stress of changing clothes colours and the nursery :/ xxx

In fairness, I'm pretty sure I can trust my scan. The sonographer went right between baby's legs and she wasn't very lady-like, her legs open and showing her little foofy off to all and sundry lol.
If there was boy bits there somewhere, he's gonna have a tough time when he's older with that invisible wriggler lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Yet another reason to stay team yellow!

I asked to show a pic of the potty shot at my scan. I saw it myself, there could be no doubts.

But i wouldnt just trust their word

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

It happens quite a lot. I just think its far easier not to know.

I've heard of it happening many times, this is why I am team yellow through and through....not only that but I'm not a huge fan of being pink obsessed with a girl, my DD has probably only owned about 5 items of pink clothing in her life, I never dressed her in it as a baby, and she's always hated the colour growing up....this is the clothes she is intending to buy for this one, if it's a boy of a girl!!!

http://www.grindstore.com/search/baby/page1.html

i have known a few people this has happened to and my mum is convinced it will happen to me but i have been told about 4 or 5 times at scans it was a girl so im hoping they couldnt have got it wrong so many times

thank god Im having extra scans!

i have heard this happen before thats why some sonographers dont tell you as obviously it can be wrong and hospital cant take responsibility if you buy everything pink/blue..

its a shame and i would be angry aswell she obviously she bonded with what she thought was a little girl inside her!

Why oh why did I feel the need to read this thread. Now terrified as we've spent in the region of £1,400 on pink things. And I've detaggedand washed the clothes! Aaaaaaaah. I had a potty shot but she didn't look at the other side, from the front. Should I be worrying. Cause u know I am :( xx

I've heard of this alot recently.
A married couple who are consultants at the local hospital were told a girl, bought everything in pink and had a boy. He had to wear alot of pink! My friend knows someone who's mum had the opposite sex to what she was told at scans for all 3 of her children!
I'm not buying all girly stuff for this reason, it will mainly be neutral things x

I now think there will be an increase in neutral clothes sales lol x

I have been told they can get girls wrong as they can hide their little willys :) bless hope she Didnt mind lol x

Nothing is 100% with gender scans unfortunately but they do have a good rate of success :)

I could cry. Am likely being daft but need to have anther scan. I'll not be able to settle for the next 14 weeks now! Unsubscribing so my curious mind stops me reading any more! Waaaaaaaaaaah! Xx

My friend had twin girls who initially were two boys then one if each and at delivery they were both little girls!

My mum says she's very happy that bubs is healthy but still in shock and doesn't know what to call him at the moment! I'm sure it'll be fine Gayle it does happen but it's very rare I reckon. I don't think I've seen any threads on here or anything where it's actually happened to a foremer xxx

Well tbh, Im still finding out the gender and buying pink or blue - i have planned the nursery around it lol!

If you were to think that everything the doctors/nurses advise was wrong youd constantly be in panic. Loads of people are told theyr baby is fine and then baby's are born with holes in their heart etc (i know this is a bit OTT) but still, people can be wrong - about anything! so for this reason Im chancing it xxx

It happens a lot. Before I got married I was nanny, they interviewed me while pregnant with their first baby. They had been told by the first ultrasound tech that she was as sure as sure could be that baby is a girl, had another scan a few weeks later and told the same again by a different ultrasound tech. Once I had been given the job they showed me around the house/nursery and had the most beautiful pink nursery, with Erin Catherine painted on the wall, the nursery furniture was white with pink roses painted on, the whole room was basically paradise for a little girl. Four weeks later Samuel arrived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back