Mum not there

ZoeM1

Reaction score
:wave:

Anyone else lost their mum and missing sharing things with her?

My mum died of bowel cancer five years ago at 55, and sometimes I just think I'd like to share my pregnancy with her. My sister is now pregnant, so we talk about it together. I was driving home from the hospital the other day, and just burst into tears because I thought that she would have been so happy that we were both having our babies together.

When my sister told my dad and my brother she was pregnant, they both burst into tears when they got off the phone, because she would have been so pleased.

She loved babies and children. She was a primary school teacher and she lived for kids. She was a superb teacher and a superb mum, and I miss her heeps.

Zo

aaarw hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

im sure she is watchin over you and protecting you, it is hard but u sound like u had a fantastic role model for becoming a mother and she is very proud of u! :hug:

:hug: Try not to be sad - I'm sure she's watching over you both and is very proud :hug:

So sorry to hear what you're feeling right now, I hope you and your sister are a good support for each other. I can't say I exactly know how you're feeling but my dad was diagnosed with als- (it shuts down the messages the brain sends to your muscles to tell them to move) this time last year. People with the particular strain he has can live from 1-3 years on average. There is no treatment or cure and at the moment seeing and hearing his deteriation is very hard. He too was a primary teacher (and I) and what I am finding particularly hard is how I imagined him doing all the fun (yet educational :lol: ) things he should have done with his 1st grandchild.
x

Losing family members always make you think deeply about your own family doesn't it? I lost my eldest brother back in March, in really tragic circumstances this was just as I found out I was pregnant. I think this pregnancy is the only real positive thing that's happened for my parents and SIL since as everyone is looking forward to it.

hi hon
i lost my mum to cancer last year just before my wedding. i miss her dreadfully and find myself crying most days because there's so much that i wish i could ask her and share with her. i have to admit that i'm not being v nice to MIL when she tries to chat about my pregnancy - its not her fault, she's just not my mum.
so i know just how you feel :hug: :hug: pm me if you ever want to chat
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back