Do I grass?

Princess_Puddles

Reaction score
My friend and her Mum have a lovely 2 bed council house in a private road but her Mum doesn't live there & the council thinks she does (the council pay her rent too), It's really starting to p*ss me off because I live in pokey flat, right next to a night club (pay my own rent etc..)am constantly getting people being sick outside the front door and would love to live in a house with a garden etc...

My friends Mum hasn't lived there properly for about 2/3yrs now, she used to stay there 4 nights a week whilst she was working in Bishops Stortford and then stay at ther boyfirends in Harlow the other nights but now she has moved her job to Harlow and all her furniture out of her bedroom but my friend wont tell anyone she's gone cause she knows she'l get in trouble. I would love to grass them up anon, I know I sound like a right Biatch but I don't think it is fair for people like me, what would you do?

Is the property empty or does your friend live there?

How is the council paying the rent when she's working?

Never shit on your own doorstep as they say.

If I were you I would talk to your friend and just say that your worried, because if they find out how long its been she could be charged with benefit fraud which carries a prison sentence (im sure you wouldnt want to be the cause of that) so tell her you think she should contact the council and tell them her mum has JUST moved out. That way no-one will get into any trouble but your friend is doing the right thing.

If she disagrees then it is her fault and only a matter of time before they do find out, but it shouldnt be you that causes that.

Nah dont grass, as ggg says 'dont shit on ur own doorstep cos u'll only end up standing in it!'

Talk to her, it is unfair and she shouldnt get away with it but do you really want to be the one who causes her to have to go to court etc for fraud? I understand your frustration as I have a friend who is doing the same, claiming benefits that her OH isnt there, plus he's on the sick and working :x but not alot I can do about that really.

Minime said:
Is the property empty or does your friend live there?

How is the council paying the rent when she's working?

My friend lives there, she's 17 and at college and the council pays her rent because her Mum works less that 16 hrs a week and is still entitled to it being paid

glitzyglamgirl said:
Never sh*t on your own doorstep as they say.

If I were you I would talk to your friend and just say that your worried, because if they find out how long its been she could be charged with benefit fraud which carries a prison sentence (im sure you wouldnt want to be the cause of that) so tell her you think she should contact the council and tell them her mum has JUST moved out. That way no-one will get into any trouble but your friend is doing the right thing.

If she disagrees then it is her fault and only a matter of time before they do find out, but it shouldnt be you that causes that.

I have spoken to her time and time again but she won't listen and just tells me in polite terms to keep my nose out. Everyone around here knows but no one will say anything. I sound such a bit*ch but i wouldn't be bothered if her or her Mum got in trouble for it, I see it as if someone does something wrong they should be punished for it, why should she get away with it whilst there are other people out there who aren't

Then why is she your friend hun? If she was just someone in the area then id say definitely, but as you describe her as your friend - well no its not really the right thing to do.

Youve talked to her about the dangers, and shes made her decision, thats all you can do.

Grassing on her probably isnt the smartest thing for you too do. Its bound to backfire on you.

If this person annoys you that much that you would consider potentially sending her to jail then i dont really understand why you consider her a friend.

report her, its her own fault for not keepin the council up to date with the situation that the councils payin out for, dont see why she should get away with it, 'friend' or not!!!!

reporting anonymously does what it says on the tin, i would give her 1 last chance to sort her shit out otherwise get the council up to speed about her

I hate people who try to scam the council out of properties other people might need, or have their rent paid when it shouldn't be getting paid, people who claim sick benefit when they work cash in hand type thing. Drop an anon letter into the post or call crime stoppers - they would deal with it too and either way you don't have to leave a name or number. People who think they are above the law and benefit type system really annoy me. Personally I don't think she's a friend to you nor that you consider her a friend...I therefore don't see what harm it would do. Report it, you can always play dumb if she asks if it were you.

hmm, well i can see all different ways from it,
i dunno what to say really,
i know it isnt fair on you, and she shouldnt be allowed to get away with it,
think about what you wnt to do before you do it though hunni, cos you may regret it or something

No I wouldn't. Def not. I always try and do the right thing in my own life, everyone else can do what the hell they want and live with their own consquences. Something like this could really come back and bite you in the ar$e. Worry about yourself and harrison and get on with the stuff in your own life. Maybe you could get in touch with the council and try and get a transfer to a nicer location with a garden??

If she's at college as you say, then wouldn't she be entitled to benefits anyway? And as for the size of the house, well. Once you're in a council house you're in. My sister's fella moved out of hers a few years back (and did inform the council). She didn't get chucked out and nor would anyone else in that position.

I wouldn't tell on her, personally. As others have said, it could potentially backfire very nastily.

I'm against all kinds of benefit fraud because there are other people out there who need it more, and when i think of all those families in temporary accomodation, hostels etc. i feel sorry for them :cry:

If the house was lying empty then I'd say something but its being used. Thats like saying my nan should leave her 3 bedroom house because its only her on her own.

Personally I wouldn't but I couldn't grass on a friend either.

GRASS HER UP!!!

In the words of the wise old Jeremy Kyle 'Me and every other tax payer is paying for her' :x People like that make me so angry :x

Some family who is in real need of a home and maybe in B&B could be in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back