• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Multiple birth panic! Eeek

Frankie_Lou

Reaction score
Its all my OH's fault, theres loads of it in his family!
My MIL had 2 sets of twins, one of them identical boys and one of them non identical boys and a set of triplets which are 2 identical boys (my OH) and a girl. She had 4 pregnancies and only one was a single baby.
I know they say it skips a generation but his Grandma had a couple of sets of twins of which his mum was from an identical pair.
I obviously knew all this before we started TTC and I will love any babies who bless us with their presence but today I've freaked myself out. I've been having weird dreams all week and in one of them i was having quads (don't know where my imagination got that from!) and then my OH came home from work yesterday having been to fit some new lights for a customer he hasnt seen since well before christmas and who has never met me with no way of knowing we're expecting. He told me that morning he was going to the 'psychic' lady's house As soon as he arrived at her house she told him she was knitting jumpers for the twins hes expecting. His mate said the look on his face was priceless. I wouldnt normally believe in psychics and things but it was just too freaky!
I've been putting off thinking about multiple birth until I get my scan and find out properly, i thought i had another couple of weeks of ignorant bliss! Until the midwife rang this afternoon and said my scan is Friday! Which is great but now Im driving myself crazy!
Sorry to ramble on but just needed to get that out there x x

If its on his side then you're no more likely to get multiples than anyone else. It has to be on your maternal side x

its only non-identical twins that run down through woman in families too. Cause its a inherited thing to release 2 eggs a month instead of just 1.
identical twins is when the one egg splits, and that can happen to anyone. Its just one of those glorious freaks of nature!

so stop panicking! xx

Hi,

I'm having twins and am soooo pleased about it. Double trouble! It was a bit of a shock at first and took a little getting used to though. I can tell you though that im only 8 weeks and have a rounded tummy already, and ivehad double sickness, it's 24 hour and so much worse than with my singleton pregnancy.

Relax... You'll see that scan and won't care if it's one or 2.

X x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back